+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lets Have a Sensible Debate -Part 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Lets Have a Sensible Debate -Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I haven’t suggested anything other than I believe Bulut has been backed. After all, he’s been allowed to bring in fourteen new players and I’m confident the club’s wage bill is bigger this season than it was last.

Of course, he’s not been allowed to throw multi-millions around in terms of transfer fees and wages, but that’s down to a combination of economic realities and the rules. He’s no different in that respect to most Championship managers, is he?
    He had a limited choice of players, we were placed under an EFL transfer embargo, so only partly backed and the players he did want in January were out of reach.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He had a limited choice of players, we were placed under an EFL transfer embargo, so only partly backed and the players he did want in January were out of reach.
    The thing is that Tan takes FFP very seriously (as he needs to), so spending millions on players is unlikely in the summer. Before the embargo we had to get rid of players before we could bring any in, mostly frees or low cost transfers and I see this summer being no different.

Anyone thinking that Bulut will have a war chest to spend this summer to bring in lots of good players is living in cloud cuckoo land. Our wage bill can't afford to rise much, either.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The thing is that Tan takes FFP very seriously (as he needs to), so spending millions on players is unlikely in the summer. Before the embargo we had to get rid of players before we could bring any in, mostly frees or low cost transfers and I see this summer being no different.

Anyone thinking that Bulut will have a war chest to spend this summer to bring in lots of good players is living in cloud cuckoo land. Our wage bill can't afford to rise much, either.
    Agreed but at least he will have the whole of the market option as we won't be under an embargo, the players he signed improved us dramatically, he can do the same again, build on that and take another step forward, we need to prioritise a left back and Striker and he will know that.

the players he signed improved us dramatically.
    Couldn't agree more. Diedhiou, Runarsson, Panzo, Ugbo and Meite were superb signings. Siopis is a 9/10 every game and Turnbull will light up the Championship next season.

International

Couldn't agree more. Diedhiou, Runarsson, Panzo, Ugbo and Meite were superb signings. Siopis is a 9/10 every game and Turnbull will light up the Championship next season.
    So by your logic we are worse than last year and haven't improved our league position?

You do understand we were under an embargo and are ten places higher after losing the three best players, don't you?

And that he was denied better players because we had a relatively low budget

The heading is for sensible debate.

So by your logic we are worse than last year and haven't improved our league position?

You do understand we were under an embargo and are ten places higher after losing the three best players, don't you?
    I was questioning your ridiculous comment that all the players Bulut signed have improved us dramatically, which is utter nonsense.

If I was to say who our top 6 players have been this season I'd say (in no order) Ralls, Ng, Alnwick, Colwill, Goutas, Phillips. 4 of those were here before Bulut joined us. Add to that Wintle, McGuinness and Collins, who have had long spells in the starting line up. Of Bulut's signings, Phillips, Goutas, Grant and Horvath have been good, Siopis has been hit and miss, Bowler picks up goals but often looks poor. The rest haven't been up to much at all.

International

I was questioning your ridiculous comment that all the players Bulut signed have improved us dramatically, which is utter nonsense.

If I was to say who our top 6 players have been this season I'd say (in no order) Ralls, Ng, Alnwick, Colwill, Goutas, Phillips. 4 of those were here before Bulut joined us. Add to that Wintle, McGuinness and Collins, who have had long spells in the starting line up. Of Bulut's signings, Phillips, Goutas, Grant and Horvath have been good, Siopis has been hit and miss, Bowler picks up goals but often looks poor. The rest haven't been up to much at all.
    Where did I say ALL???

Stop making shit up because you are wrong.

He signed good players that had taken us from 21st saved on points and 11th.

International

Top six NG (improved no end) Phillips, Goutas, Grant, hard after that probably Colwill (improved no end) Ralls, Ramsey and O'Dowda would have been in if not injured.

Goutas, Ramsey if not injured, Grant, Horvath, Phillips, Soipis, Esbrand, Meite, and Bowler have overall on our budget and of course, we couldn't sign players been very good and improved the team from 21st to 11th.

And that he was denied better players because we had a relatively low budget

The heading is for sensible debate.
    Of Buluts signings, who would you keep at the club next season? For me there's Goutas, Philips (but we probably can't afford him), Horvarth and Grant, though I wouldn't pay what Grant is likely to cost. As for improving the squad Kipre was probably better than either Goutas or Philips, Horvarth is no better than Allsop (though very different types of keeper) Philogene was much better than Bowler. Midfield is better though more so in terms of numbers rather than excellence - Siopis can **** off back to Mykonos, and Turnbull can pass though not yet convinced he is up to the demands of the Championship. And Kaba was better than Meite, Dieddhou and Ugbo combined.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Of Buluts signings, who would you keep at the club next season? For me there's Goutas, Philips (but we probably can't afford him), Horvarth and Grant, though I wouldn't pay what Grant is likely to cost. As for improving the squad Kipre was probably better than either Goutas or Philips, Horvarth is no better than Allsop (though very different types of keeper) Philogene was much better than Bowler. Midfield is better though more so in terms of numbers rather than excellence - Siopis can **** off back to Mykonos, and Turnbull can pass though not yet convinced he is up to the demands of the Championship. And Kaba was better than Meite, Dieddhou and Ugbo combined.
    We would be very good if we hadn't lost the three best players.

I think I agree that Phillips, Goutas, Horvath, Grant, and Turnbull will look better in time and with better players around him.

Whats happened to Soipis, he looked excellent for the first six games or so and has faded badly the same as Bowler.

Cowlill should come good we desperately need a quality Striker and some pacey wide players.

And Bowler. Top notch 100%er. Great with both feet. We should break the bank to sign him permanently.