+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It's too early to compare the death rates with other countries. Apart from issues surrounding the way deaths are recorded, there is a high probability that, when our population is vaccinated and others including those in the EU are less advanced in their vaccination programmes, the number of UK deaths could well be statistically lower even though the figures at the moment are alarmingly shocking.

You are right Drakeford acted earlier than the UK government in locking down the population but he ended his first lockdown too soon with dire consequences.
    I assume you mean the first firebreak which I suppose could be said to be the second lockdown. Wales came out of first lockdown one step at a time every three weeks, which is what England is now talking about doing, and was uncharacteristically quick to come out of firebreak in comparison and the wider context should be thought about when identifying why.

International

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I assume you mean the first firebreak which I suppose could be said to be the second lockdown. Wales came out of first lockdown one step at a time every three weeks, which is what England is now talking about doing, and was uncharacteristically quick to come out of firebreak in comparison and the wider context should be thought about when identifying why.
    I think the reason he came out of the firebreak to quickly and his defence of the "Standing around with nothing to do" comment are linked and are a reflection of his personality.
    He has defended his hanging around commen t and refuses to back track on it, equally when he said a short sharp shock for th fire break and said 3 weeks a lot of people said they expected it to go on.
    In both cases he stuck where he was not because it was right but because he thought he would lose face or be accused of a U turn if he didn't and his ego wouldn't allow him to do it whatever the consequences.
    So like the times when he makes the right call but for the wrong reasons these times he made the wrong call.