+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: General Election

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: General Election

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    16+ vote amendment is in.
    Why not make it 13+ with no over 30s allowed to vote, and while we are at it only those born outside of the UK can vote? As a final measure, anybody who has ever voted Tory is their lifetime will be disqualfied, and only people with the initials JC are allowed to become PM, as long as they swear an oath of allegance to the EU. Even then, some people will say these measures don't go far enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Why not make it 13+ with no over 30s allowed to vote, and while we are at it only those born outside of the UK can vote? As a final measure, anybody who has ever voted Tory is their lifetime will be disqualfied, and only people with the initials JC are allowed to become PM, as long as they swear an oath of allegance to the EU. Even then, some people will say these measures don't go far enough!
    My understanding both amendments were bounced out by the speaker ?

I can wait for this general election as for the first time in my lifetime MP's have been so exposed to scrutiny to the public over the last three years .

Perhaps , for the first time voting , in line with ones generation trend before them ,may not happen. ??

I also think a lot of folk won't vote , as they dislike their perspective leaders .

Labour party make take the biggest hit and I'm guessing that what's the latest amendment mantra is all about to include 16/17 years / European national , yep its all about vote gathering.