Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I like Joe Bennett and.....

What a strange thread to start.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Not at all.

I always compare our players to those of opposition teams. (E.g. none of our strikers would have near either of their first XIs, Smithies probably would have saved the first goal etc)

It is perfectly sensible and absolutely normal especially a player has such a decisive impact on the game from a defensive position.

What a weird comment yours is. ��

Probably would have saved it? He was 40 yards out!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Probably would have saved it? He SHOULD HAVE BEEN 45 YARDS OUT !

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Not at all.

I always compare our players to those of opposition teams. (E.g. none of our strikers would have near either of their first XIs, Smithies probably would have saved the first goal etc)

It is perfectly sensible and absolutely normal especially a player has such a decisive impact on the game from a defensive position.

I've never considered Bryan as a top full back. For Fulham he's scored twice in 72 games before tonight. Bennett has scored 4 in 147 games for us.

Neil Taylor was a hero for us when Wales beat Russia in Euro 2016. It was his first goal for Wales in a zillion appearances. Every once in a hundred games or so a full back becomes a scoring hero.

Bennett wouldn't have thought of that free kick. We're still so set in getting everyone into position. Bryan would never have done what he did tonight if he'd have played for us this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Not at all.

it is a little bit of an odd thread because generally scoring from free kicks are not in the things expected from a LB, and we've got an excellent free kick taker in Tomlin. It's like if their keeper took their pens and using that as a stick to beat Smithies with

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    not really when you look at who the user is. we could win the champions league and he'd be moaning we only did it with 35% possession.