+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I enjoyed last season way more than this season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I enjoyed last season way more than this season

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    We are slowly getting there - there will be more crappy games unfortunately until next season
    I think this is where we differ - I just don't see us getting there under the current approach - so Bulut needs a major rethink but to-date he has tinkered only a tiny amount to address major issues with our team and style.

Re: I enjoyed last season way more than this season

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    I think this is where we differ - I just don't see us getting there under the current approach - so Bulut needs a major rethink but to-date he has tinkered only a tiny amount to address major issues with our team and style.
    I tend to agree with you, there have been exceptions, but City strikers tend to score less than ten goals a season and that’s been the case since the days of Chopra and Bothroyd. Yet I can’t think of any striker who was under serious consideration for first team selection who has ever missed a stack of chances which could have turned, say, his five goals a season into fifteen. We play with two wingers and a target man and yet, whoever he is, he barely ever gets a decent cross from said wingers in open play. Eric did a thread on how we’ve stopped scoring big numbers (above four) in games in the last decade and, as a club, we don’t seem to trust ourselves to really go for things - the way we set out for games, particularly home matches under this manager, but it’s been much the same with other recent bosses, is suggestive of a big inferiority complex.