+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Street Begging

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Street Begging

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Plenty avoid it due to drugs, assault etc.
    That’s true. The sad truth of it is some access the services provided as it maintains their lifestyle rather than wishing to address it.

Sludge is correct in saying most individuals suffer multi complex issues that have contributed to their situation but whatever the situation if they’re motivated, the services are there to address their issues.

As I’ve previously said, I’d stop all forms of begging as it maintains poor lifestyle choices. Easier said than done in a city like Cardiff. In Merthyr they addressed the situation by handing out Criminal Behaviour Orders to persistent offenders.

Re: Street Begging

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    That’s true. The sad truth of it is some access the services provided as it maintains their lifestyle rather than wishing to address it.

Sludge is correct in saying most individuals suffer multi complex issues that have contributed to their situation but whatever the situation if they’re motivated, the services are there to address their issues.

As I’ve previously said, I’d stop all forms of begging as it maintains poor lifestyle choices. Easier said than done in a city like Cardiff. In Merthyr they addressed the situation by handing out Criminal Behaviour Orders to persistent offenders.
    They probably all moved to Cardiff !!!