+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Starmer Full On Tory Now On His Latest Mutterings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Starmer Full On Tory Now On His Latest Mutterings

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am convinced he and his equally hopeless team will not get the landslide everyone is predicting

I don't really care if we get a Lib lab rainbow coalition with the deal being proportional representation

In fact I would be pretty happy with that

The Tories will lose lots of seats so they can be kept out of power for a lifetime if PR comes in
    John Curtice the polling guru has said that there is now only a one per cent chance of the Conservatives winning the next election, With that in mind, if Labour get in with a huge majority which will owe an awful lot to first past the post, will the party, as opposed to its leader, still have the same enthusiasm to change to a PR voting system?

Re: Starmer Full On Tory Now On His Latest Mutterings

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    John Curtice the polling guru has said that there is now only a one per cent chance of the Conservatives winning the next election, With that in mind, if Labour get in with a huge majority which will owe an awful lot to first past the post, will the party, as opposed to its leader, still have the same enthusiasm to change to a PR voting system?
    I'm writing this from memory so not fact-checking but one of the things I remember Starmer doing was actively going against the membership at conference who voted for it to be in the manifesto. I seem to remember him lobbying the Unions to support its defeat? If I'm wrong on this then I apologise.