Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
Has anyone subscribed?
If so, what was your experience?
How far back can you go (assuming you aren’t part of the royal family ��)
Can you do limitless searches?

Thanks in anticipation.
If you are serious about tracing your family history, then yes, go for it. I have worked on my family history since the 1980's which was pre-Internet days and I spent hours searching paper documents, microfiche tapes etc in various county archives! It is a lot easier now to quickly get a basic family tree back to the mid 1800's I would say. It depends how far you want to go back. I have traced my family back to the early 1700's and a lot of the the old parish records that I previously had to travel to Wiltshire to see are all now on Ancestry too.

Having done all the basics, I now tend to have periods of sudden interest, usually sparked off by someone in the family mentioning something. Why I mention this is because you can have a monthly subscription with Ancestry rather than sign up to the annual type, although the latter is of course better value for someone like yourself who is just starting out. Beware though if you go down the monthly subscription route that you have to remember to cancel at the end of the month otherwise they will happily take your money for another month and so on...