+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My choice for city,s next manager would be....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: My choice for city,s next manager would be....

Mine would be Cooper, just down the road

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Agreed, he’s doing a brilliant job with no money, he is a Ponty Bluebird in disguise and he would like to get away from the Yanks and Jacks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Agreed, he’s doing a brilliant job with no money, he is a Ponty Bluebird in disguise and he would like to get away from the Yanks and Jacks!
    You have to take into account the players he has available can actually play the game. What would he be like with the lot down Sloper Road?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    You have to take into account the players he has available can actually play the game. What would he be like with the lot down Sloper Road?
    Difference being he has a look at his squad and fills glaring holes.

Harris came in and had an alarming lack of talent in the middle of the park with many similar players and we were woefully short at right back. 12 months on we have exactly the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Difference being he has a look at his squad and fills glaring holes.

Harris came in and had an alarming lack of talent in the middle of the park with many similar players and we were woefully short at right back. 12 months on we have exactly the same issues.
    We also had to address the striker problem, and replace NML at short notice, replace an ageing sol bamba
    It was just too much to do in a very short window

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    We also had to address the striker problem, and replace NML at short notice, replace an ageing sol bamba
    It was just too much to do in a very short window
    It was 12 months. He had two full windows and the Covid lay off to look at it all and he came up with what he has now.

He has gone from blowing smoke up a lot of players back ends to now questioning their commitment and performance levels. If he hasn't worked this out in 12 months then he never will.

While I understand what you mean with the Striker situation and NML we had cover in those positions. The central midfield was a more pressing issue and even more so the right back situation which is still going on.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    It was 12 months. He had two full windows and the Covid lay off to look at it all and he came up with what he has now.

He has gone from blowing smoke up a lot of players back ends to now questioning their commitment and performance levels. If he hasn't worked this out in 12 months then he never will.

While I understand what you mean with the Striker situation and NML we had cover in those positions. The central midfield was a more pressing issue and even more so the right back situation which is still going on.
    our central midfielders were basically the only area where we weren't going to lose players to contract expiration, so to get anyone new in we would need to sell first , and as nice as it'd be to get some fresh blood in that area we will have bigger priorities the next summer as well.
    we lose hoilett, Cunningham and Bennett, and ojo, tutu and Wilson, so basically the entirety of each flank. that will probably mean we won't be able to address centre mid as well

Do you think he'd be able to play possession football here?

Not a chance personally

Wasn’t long ago they were moaning like hell about him

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    And mine . Doing a top job.