+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Council are killing the City.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Totally agree with the fact the ones saying you can walk both ways are pointless, I'd argue maybe there's some benefit to the other ones, assuming at least some people adhere to them therefore creating a bit more social distancing. Can't say they bother me or "ruin the city" though, they're just some more lines on the ground.

Glad you had a better time at lunch anyway, the key factor is of course the weather
    Agree they don't "ruin the city", although I do think it is detremental and seems to have been put down with an unncessary degree of permanance. To be honest it would make no sense for anybody to use them when town was as quiet as it was yesterday. And the visual impact is so much greater when it is desloate. It didn't stand out anywhere near as much today, and I imagine that they may actually provide some very limited function on a busy Saturday afternoon. Yesterday it just looked like folly - planning for people who simply weren't there. I had assumed that was the new normal, but today proved me wrong. It makes a bit more sense today.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Agree they don't "ruin the city", although I do think it is detremental and seems to have been put down with an unncessary degree of permanance. To be honest it would make no sense for anybody to use them when town was as quiet as it was yesterday. And the visual impact is so much greater when it is desloate. It didn't stand out anywhere near as much today, and I imagine that they may actually provide some very limited function on a busy Saturday afternoon. Yesterday it just looked like folly - planning for people who simply weren't there. I had assumed that was the new normal, but today proved me wrong. It makes a bit more sense today.
    You should change it to Reasonable Nick mate, I think this the first time I've ever seen someone on the internet not only prepared to change their mind, but also to admit to it

You should change it to Reasonable Nick mate, I think this the first time I've ever seen someone on the internet not only prepared to change their mind, but also to admit to it
    I did it once.

Never really understand why people never admit to getting things wrong, especially on this board where "getting things wrong" is hardly a rare event.