+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looking to move outside Cardiff - Areas to AVOID

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Looking to move outside Cardiff - Areas to AVOID

Bridgend has literally everything you need , good basic shopping , train station , easy link to M4 , lots of lovely countryside , its got its rough bits but everywhere has , the bridgend valleys are quite isolated but I know people who have lived there for years and would never move

Llantrisant, Pontyclun , Talbot Green , lots of facilities , right on the M4 , train etc

Don't know enough about the valleys and towns to North of Cardiff like pontypridd , aberdare , merthyr, porth Treorchy, , Caerphilly etc but lots of good people up there and loads to do

Barry is a hidden Gem as far as I am concerned . It has its bad side , any coastal former sea port that has seen better days is going to have .

But I find its a town I can go to that is like a mini cardiff and has lots of facilities without having to go into the city

I only go into cardiff to watch city , go to rock concerts and fish . I cant stand trawling up and down places like St davids 2 or Queen Street

With barry its got the waterfront which has morrisons , Asda, argos etc , Holton Road has some good places to shop , broad street isn't my scene at night but high street has lots of independent retailers , park Street on the way to Porthkerry has a decent pub and chippy , a fishing tackle shop for the likes of me , a lovely park , rommily, Porthkerry Park for families

The west side of Barry, Porthkerry, knap , pontypridd Road, marine drive etc is more expensive but its nothing like the exclusive parts of cardiff

I know people who live on the east side such a Cadoxton and they love it

Train station into cardiff in minutes

Living by the sea , whats not to like

Of course there are people who are dodgy but thats part of life

I like bridgend for the same reason as Barry but would say out of the two Barry has more going for it

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bridgend has literally everything you need , good basic shopping , train station , easy link to M4 , lots of lovely countryside , its got its rough bits but everywhere has , the bridgend valleys are quite isolated but I know people who have lived there for years and would never move

Llantrisant, Pontyclun , Talbot Green , lots of facilities , right on the M4 , train etc

Don't know enough about the valleys and towns to North of Cardiff like pontypridd , aberdare , merthyr, porth Treorchy, , Caerphilly etc but lots of good people up there and loads to do

Barry is a hidden Gem as far as I am concerned . It has its bad side , any coastal former sea port that has seen better days is going to have .

But I find its a town I can go to that is like a mini cardiff and has lots of facilities without having to go into the city

I only go into cardiff to watch city , go to rock concerts and fish . I cant stand trawling up and down places like St davids 2 or Queen Street

With barry its got the waterfront which has morrisons , Asda, argos etc , Holton Road has some good places to shop , broad street isn't my scene at night but high street has lots of independent retailers , park Street on the way to Porthkerry has a decent pub and chippy , a fishing tackle shop for the likes of me , a lovely park , rommily, Porthkerry Park for families

The west side of Barry, Porthkerry, knap , pontypridd Road, marine drive etc is more expensive but its nothing like the exclusive parts of cardiff

I like bridgend for the same reason as Barry but would say out of the two Barry has more going for it
    Sorry to report the fishing tackle shop closed a year or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

No offence, but I've worked in most areas in and around Cardiff and found Bridgend the most depressing area, the colleagues I worked with were mostly very down and the public in general, and that Wiitherspoons in town had some of the strangest characters I've ever seen.

But I suppose i've never lived there, so you will definitely know it better than me.

West end of Barry is quite nice I agree.