+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: These 3 Wins On The Bounce

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: These 3 Wins On The Bounce

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Left-back was a real problem, we look better now without Collins.
    I found this quite amusing!

Last season, Collins played a few games, looked decent, then missed the rest of the season. One of the reasons some fans gave for our struggles was that Collins was injured and some thought we'd signed a top player.

This season, I don't think many would be disappointed if Collins left at the end of the season!!

How things can change in football!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I found this quite amusing!

Last season, Collins played a few games, looked decent, then missed the rest of the season. One of the reasons some fans gave for our struggles was that Collins was injured and some thought we'd signed a top player.

This season, I don't think many would be disappointed if Collins left at the end of the season!!

How things can change in football!
    That's true, left back has been a problem for years, Collins came in for that cameo and looked very good winning a few man of the match awards got injured, and we struggled at left back again last season, the injury must have affected him, as he's never looked the same since, and yes ditch him now he's a liability.

That's true, left back has been a problem for years, Collins came in for that cameo and looked very good winning a few man of the match awards got injured, and we struggled at left back again last season, the injury must have affected him, as he's never looked the same since, and yes ditch him now he's a liability.
    And the opposite could be said for NG. I think he’s a great player who reminds me of Steve Nicol of Liverpool in the way he carries the ball.

Probably our most saleable player

Or it was just a case that he had 3 good games, of which hitting that consistency was always going to be beyond him, that he was a player some overhyped.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Or it was just a case that he had 3 good games, of which hitting that consistency was always going to be beyond him, that he was a player some overhyped.
    Possibly and I would be included in that, but you can only judge a player on what he plays like, and in those first few games he played very well.