+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Bercow defects to Labour.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: John Bercow defects to Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    you always use the word libertarian as if it is some kind of crime. does that mean you believe in the nanny state, intervention in every aspect of peoples lives and control of the masses?
    I always find it ironic that a libertarian has restricted our freedom and choice of working and living in the 27 closest countries to the UK.

It's hilarious really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I always find it ironic that a libertarian has restricted our freedom and choice of working and living in the 27 closest countries to the UK.

It's hilarious really.
    Well said.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

It's hilarious really.
    Agreed, but that doesn't explain why sludge always tries to use the word like an insult, the same way as he tries to use ballet opera and classical music.
    In his totalitarian society would those things be banned?

Agreed, but that doesn't explain why sludge always tries to use the word like an insult, the same way as he tries to use ballet opera and classical music.
    In his totalitarian society would those things be banned?
    Sludge's 'totalitarian society'?

Really?

Sludge has spent the last few months constantly arguing for a new governing party to be magicked up based on the Lib Dems, the right wing of the Labour Party, a few Greens and a few stray nationalists. Starmer's Labour (with the strings pulled by the old Blairite cabal) might have some Stalinist tendencies - but the whole package looks as far from totalitarianism as you can get.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sludge's 'totalitarian society'?

Really?

Sludge has spent the last few months constantly arguing for a new governing party to be magicked up based on the Lib Dems, the right wing of the Labour Party, a few Greens and a few stray nationalists. Starmer's Labour (with the strings pulled by the old Blairite cabal) might have some Stalinist tendencies - but the whole package looks as far from totalitarianism as you can get.
    I agree it does, but his continual using of 'libertarian' as an insult leads me to think his real politics are at the opposite end of the spectrum.
    He continually praises hard left wing policies and berate anyone with more money then he, and he slags off anyone who likes opera etc. as I said, assuming they're the idle rich, but when I lived in a divided Berlin the 'only' place to go to watch, see and listen to such things was communist East Berlin, where it was held up as an example of greatness of the regime, and entertainment for the masses. But I'm sure he won't let that affect his opinion.
    His call for cross party unity is only because its the only way he can see to get to a position where his version of the left can begin to change the policies to more totalitarian objectives. He has a long road in front of him
    I often mention some of the things he says to my wife and she says, "He's mad, he needs to live like that"

I agree it does, but his continual using of 'libertarian' as an insult leads me to think his real politics are at the opposite end of the spectrum.
    He continually praises hard left wing policies and berate anyone with more money then he, and he slags off anyone who likes opera etc. as I said, assuming they're the idle rich, but when I lived in a divided Berlin the 'only' place to go to watch, see and listen to such things was communist East Berlin, where it was held up as an example of greatness of the regime, and entertainment for the masses. But I'm sure he won't let that affect his opinion.
    His call for cross party unity is only because its the only way he can see to get to a position where his version of the left can begin to change the policies to more totalitarian objectives. He has a long road in front of him
    I often mention some of the things he says to my wife and she says, "He's mad, he needs to live like that"
    You talk to your wife about Sludgey?

Hello...