+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another Brexit Bonus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Another Brexit Bonus

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Yawn indeed.

You are cherry picking quotes from the Port of Dover Chief Exec. I gave you one above saying Brexit was a cause of delay.

Of course the queues aren't going to be constant. The Dover infrastructure (and several other ports or points of exit) cannot cope with traffic spikes (after several years of Covid quiet) in combination with the additional post-Brexit checks.

You claim no-one has made this point and that only Dover is affected. Completely wrong on both counts.
    So no deal then? You admit that queues will subside and that therefore it's likely due to staffing issues in France?

Afterall, in a weeks time we will still be outside the EU, but the other will have changed?

I have never said Brexit is a saviour to all problems - it isn't. And even if it makes 100 things better, it's still possible it makes 90 things worse. There are greater checks now, thats undeniable. When I entered Spain in May my passport was stamped, previously it wasn't, but it took literally 1 second.

The far bigger issue, and the issue seemingly at play here, is that the French side was understaffed yesterday and that is going to play a far bigger role in delays than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You admit that queues will subside and that therefore it's likely due to staffing issues in France?
    How many times?

No.

That is what you say, and keep on saying.

You talk about an additional 1 second to stamp a passport when almost every other commentator describes a longer and more involved process.

When Simon Calder tells you that you've got it wrong it is time to admit defeat, take down your Liz Truss poster and put the Daily Express in the bin - where it belongs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-62273289

Glad to help.

How many times?

No.

You talk about an additional 1 second to stamp a passport when almost every other commentator describes a longer and more involved process.

When Simon Calder tells you that you've got it wrong it is time to admit defeat, take down your Liz Truss poster and put the Daily Express in the bin - where it belongs.

Glad to help.
    I've literally done it though Jon - I've been through passport controls, twice this year.

There is more than one link between the UK and the EU. There are dozens, and we left many many busy weekends ago. Yet the problem seems to be particularly bad this weekend on one particular crossings.

Does that not pinpoint that the problem may be more specific? Maybe it isn't, maybe you are correct, but maybe you aren't.

We will tell in due course, and like I said, in one week, the reasons you give for the problems (leaving the EU) will still all exist, so we will be able to see more clearly will we not?

How many times?

No.

Glad to help.
    More doom & gloom from the purveyors of doom & gloom

How many times?

No.

Glad to help.
    It's going to take far, far more before you get the majority of Leavers admitting they were wrong - their precious Brexit must be protected at all costs to the extent that it's now become almost a cult .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's going to take far, far more before you get the majority of Leavers admitting they were wrong - their precious Brexit must be protected at all costs to the extent that it's now become almost a cult .
    Almost? It is a cult. Despite overwhelming evidence they dig in.