+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Covid 19.....You are going to get it ....100%

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I disagree. I don't think there has ever been a pandemic during which 100% of the population were infected.
    there is 7.8 billion people on the planet with ;

Coronavirus Cases:@ 1,496,335

Deaths:@ 87,617

Recovered @ 319,160

On that reported basis it would take some doing to get to a 100% get it basis , as some folk are immune .

I do wonder if some of the deaths would have happened anyways with flu or phenomena,id love to see that stat Corvid19 v Flu /phenomena deaths

I think a vaccine will be found and has to be found , or the bigger death toll will a result of the economy collapsing and then there is no health care

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Recovered @ 319,160

On that reported basis it would take some doing to get to a 100% get it basis , as some folk are immune .

I do wonder if some of the deaths would have happened anyways with flu or phenomena,id love to see that stat Corvid19 v Flu /phenomena deaths

I think a vaccine will be found and has to be found , or the bigger death toll will a result of the economy collapsing and then there is no health care
    Coronavirus cases @ 1,496,335 - you do realise that not every case is recorded right?

Recovered @ 319,160

On that reported basis it would take some doing to get to a 100% get it basis
    , as some folk are immune .

Yeah , I accept that's not the way it works .

What happens in Wuhan in the coming weeks will indicate if we are going to have lockdown ..freedom...lockdown.

If they are going to continue going about their business without further interruption the would amazing ..is it unlikely ?

Recovered @ 319,160

Didn’t 35000 people die of flu here in 2015? One of the worst seasons recorded I heard.

Here we are 4 months on , hard to believe the way this has panned out .
    Still looks like the only way forward is to catch it and deal with it to the best of each individuals capabilities.

Unless a magic vaccine appears from the magic vaccine factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Still looks like the only way forward is to catch it and deal with it to the best of each individuals capabilities.

Science has moved forward remarkably quickly in the 4 month period. There is much better understanding of the virus, effective medication..dexamethasone for example, the role of CPAP v Ventilators, the way it spreads etc.

Still a long way to go and pleased to see that the magic vaccine seems to be progressing well too.

This intracellular parasite that we call Covid can only survive if it has a host. The way forward is not to catch it, but to avoid catching it.

Banned

Well, you definitely haven't moved on. There is still no guarantee that getting the virus will provide immunity for anything other than a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Well, you definitely haven't moved on. There is still no guarantee that getting the virus will provide immunity for anything other than a few months.
    Is there any evidence that you get immunity at all?..genuine question

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Is there any evidence that you get immunity at all?..genuine question
    Not much evidence. Some strong indications that immunity will be short lived. However, immunity from vaccinations often lasts longer than immunity from contracting the virus.

Aye Russia getting a vaccine in a couple of months,works too by all accounts.Got it off the internet apparently.