+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City's summer transfer plans revealed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff City's summer transfer plans revealed

Given who wrote this piece, I think it’s been written with the club’s approval. I reckon it’s true and if the plan really is to go with Flint, Morrison and Nelson at the back and the same four in midfield, it’s going to be more crash, bang, wallop, headless chicken, hit and hope stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Given who wrote this piece, I think it’s been written with the club’s approval. I reckon it’s true and if the plan really is to go with Flint, Morrison and Nelson at the back and the same four in midfield, it’s going to be more crash, bang, wallop, headless chicken, hit and hope stuff.
    It's pretty obvious that we're trying to reduce the wage bill and those players are all under contract for at least one more year, so they're going to be involved unless another club wants to take them off our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    It's pretty obvious that we're trying to reduce the wage bill and those players are all under contract for at least one more year, so they're going to be involved unless another club wants to take them off our hands.
    Given the situation as outlined in the article, I would have thought player exchange deals would be a sensible way to go - there’s going to be lots of clubs in a similar position to us.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Given the situation as outlined in the article, I would have thought player exchange deals would be a sensible way to go - there’s going to be lots of clubs in a similar position to us.
    That's an idea. Do you think the players ready to be traded are those on manageable contracts only or could we end up trading one player for two so they have the better player without drastically changing budget sheet and we have moderately cheaper costs and players where we're short?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    That's an idea. Do you think the players ready to be traded are those on manageable contracts only or could we end up trading one player for two so they have the better player without drastically changing budget sheet and we have moderately cheaper costs and players where we're short?
    I think players and agents have to aware of the new realities of life in football outside the Premier League in particular- it seems to me that clubs have to seriously consider any offer for one of their players and be more creative as to how they can get deals done by, for example, offering bigger bonuses for promotions over basic wages.

Great news Academy youngsters given their chance , so it won't be hoof ball they as they are schooled differently, unless the match reports are way off beam .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Great news Academy youngsters given their chance , so it won't be hoof ball they as they are schooled differently, unless the match reports are way off beam .
    Do we need the type of manager to nurture that talent and style of play then? Or can mick do it?

Following a pandemic and loss of parachute payments, Cardiff City plan to cut costs by cutting the expensive players we don't want to keep and keeping the ones we do unless an obscene offer is tabled.
    Err, it doesn't really work like that. The likes of Tomlin, Murphy Glatzel, Whyte and Vassell will be with us unless we can find bidders (or are happy to loan them paying chunk of their fees or pay to cancel their contracts) while the likes of Morrison, Ralls and Moore are far more vulnerable to being sold if our budget is going to be hit as hard as suggested.

There was a sense of realism with Bennett and Bamba being first two mentioned as possible departures and that it's likely we start season with a Warnock'esque defence and/or midfield so transition to prettier football probably comes season after. At what point do we start to question spending £1million on Watters though?