+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: FULHAM 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: FULHAM 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Said it a few times this season but on my limited viewings the city have been distinctly mid-table. I’m surprised we’re in a PO spot at this stage.

Credit to Harris for his record so far with what he’s got to play with. Although I’ve heard a couple commentators now say there’s strength in depth in the squad, it still feels a little rag tag on the pitch. Not to reignite the Patterson upfront chestnut (gives it his all and nets a few) but it feels a short term, makeshift solution. I couldn’t tell you now if he’s any cop in his “natural” position.

Leeds, WBA, Brentford, and maybe Fulham now the season is reaching its conclusion, have been a cut above (although saying that, the top two faltered for periods). Below that it feels a bit of a much of a muchness.
    We've got quite a big squad, but it's lopsided. We've got four centre-backs, but only two proper full-backs (Bacuna is just a makeshift right-back and Harris clearly doesn't rate Brad Smith). We've got four wingers and three strikers, but only one attacking midfielder.

Re: FT: FULHAM 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We've got quite a big squad, but it's lopsided. We've got four centre-backs, but only two proper full-backs (Bacuna is just a makeshift right-back and Harris clearly doesn't rate Brad Smith). We've got four wingers and three strikers, but only one attacking midfielder.
    You could say 'dog's breakfast'! Oh for a Kav or a Whitts or someone in the middle of the park who knew what to do. Ralls has been poor of late and Vaulks also. Yesterday was a poignant reminder for sure.