+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Reds Have Taken Over Paris

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Reds Have Taken Over Paris

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I have never understood why some people attach themselves to these big clubs and I guess I never will. If I was a psychologist, which I'm not, I would say they have an overwhelming desire to associate themselves with success, regardless of how tenuous or non-existent the link is between themselves and the club. Probably makes them feel good about themselves when these teams win a trophy. To them, following their local team is not an option.

Plastics don't generally annoy me unless you get into a conversation with them and they refer to these clubs as "us" or "we". I hate that with a passion. Rant over.
    I always put it like this : you're walking along a beach somewhere in, say Croatia. You're wearing a City top and some bloke is walking towards you also in a City top. Even the 2 most reserved people on the planet would stop and chat about City. Change the scenario to Liverpool, Citee, United, Arsenal, Chelsea etc., and they'd probably walk past each other - possibly unable to communicate anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I always put it like this : you're walking along a beach somewhere in, say Croatia. You're wearing a City top and some bloke is walking towards you also in a City top. Even the 2 most reserved people on the planet would stop and chat about City. Change the scenario to Liverpool, Citee, United, Arsenal, Chelsea etc., and they'd probably walk past each other - possibly unable to communicate anyway.
    Nicely put. I also wouldn’t talk to anyone wearing those tops but when on holiday we met two couples who supported West Brom & Norwich and we’ve all been great friends since, as the topics & aspirations were the same.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Hypothetical scenario that is though, as there are not enough XXXL City shirts to go round