+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea City Boycott Social Media

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Swansea City Boycott Social Media

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Who does it insult? Do you think the Swansea players who have been racially abused on social media feel insulted?

As for it not being that effective, of course it won't in it's own right. But every movement has to start somewhere and if people don't do anything, then nothing changes. There definitely seems to be a move against the social media giants in the football world at the moment. I see that as a good thing. Perhaps you disagree?
    No I don't disagree, you make some valued points but this is not going to be sorted until it has an effect on these media company's and coming off for a week ain't gonna make them bat an eyelid. Cmon even gimmick charity events like movember goes on for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    No I don't disagree, you make some valued points but this is not going to be sorted until it has an effect on these media company's and coming off for a week ain't gonna make them bat an eyelid.
    Of course they won't bat an eyelid when Swansea City does it. But they might start batting a few eyelids if Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd decided to do likewise. These things tend to build momentum gradually. Who knows where it it will end up or if will have any effect at all? But doing something, anything, is definitely better than doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Of course they won't bat an eyelid when Swansea City does it. But they might start batting a few eyelids if Liverpool, Man City and Man Utd decided to do likewise. These things tend to build momentum gradually. Who knows where it it will end up or if will have any effect at all? But doing something, anything, is definitely better than doing nothing.
    I hear you - the european top 10 clubs could follow suit but if it's only a week the media company's would ride it out and still not bat an eyelid. imho, you got to close your accounts down and not participate until they sort it out and I suppose sorting it out is some sort of registration.