+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Banging Song Covers better than their original version OR shockers :yikes:

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Banging Song Covers better than their original version OR shockers :yikes:

The Bobby Fuller Four's hit version of I Fought The Law is considerably better than the original by the Crickets, but the later cover by the Clash is better still.

Siouxsie & the Banshees' version of Dear Prudence is much better than the Beatles' original. Their version of Helter Skelter is also superior (in my opinion at least....).

I prefer Blancmange's cover of Abba's the Day Before You Came, but they're both great.

Bowie's version of China Girl is a good deal better than Iggy's original.

The Damned's cover of Eloise is better than Barry Ryan's original, although that's also quite decent.

The Pretenders' cover of I Go To Sleep is better than the Applejacks recording or the Kinks original (but that was just a demo).

Ronnie Lane, you never can tell better than Chuck Berry's.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The Bobby Fuller Four's hit version of I Fought The Law is considerably better than the original by the Crickets, but the later cover by the Clash is better still. Agreed

Siouxsie & the Banshees' version of Dear Prudence is much better than the Beatles' original. AgreedTheir version of Helter Skelter is also superior (in my opinion at least....).Nowhere near as good

I prefer Blancmange's cover of Abba's the Day Before You Came, but they're both great. Blancmange's version is much better

Bowie's version of China Girl is a good deal better than Iggy's original.No contest, Bowie's is much better

The Damned's cover of Eloise is better than Barry Ryan's original, although that's also quite decent.Agreed

The Pretenders' cover of I Go To Sleep is better than the Applejacks recording or the Kinks original (but that was just a demo). Agreed, hadn't heard this for ages
    ^^