Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
These reports show the UK has the worse death rate per head of population in the world, and UK data shows Wales has the worse in UK, so I guess Wales has the worse death rate per head in the world.

As I live in Cardiff I look at the Cardiff and Vale vaccination figures. Latest data from them says they have vaccinated 24,000 people, most of them healthcare / social workers, but also 3600 in care homes or over 80. That averages just 800 jabs a day in the six weeks since vaccinations started in Wales.

There are 36,000 people 75 or older, including 11,000 age 85 or over, in Cardiff and Vale. Vaughan Gething said on TV last night that 70% over 80s in Wales would be vaccinated by this weekend.

Looks like Cardiff and Vale will fall a long way short of target, whilst 150,000 doses sit on shelfs.
I've seen that chart in another thread saying Wales' death rate was higher than England's in December, but are you saying that Wales' is higher over the course of the whole pandemic? Also, if you are going by the December figures, then it's a bit of a leap to say that Wales had the worst death rate in the world last week - all I'm doing is saying that there are figures which show that the UK had the worst death rate in the world last week, I make no claims about Wales because those figures have not been broken down.

Regarding the six weeks of vaccines across the whole of the UK, not just Wales, it's not six weeks of both vaccines is it, because the Oxford one has only been available to the public for just over a fortnight, so for the majority of the time people have been receiving vaccinations, only the Pfizer one has been available - do your calculations make allowance for that?