+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Petition WAG Let Parents Buy Essential Goods

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If you have very young children and no much wardrobe it could be difficult as woudl buying new sheets , broken stuff like a microwave in a flat etc etc , apparently its to protect local businesses who sell these goods and are closed , I#m guessing it will just fill the coffers of the like of Amazon and damage the economy further .

A lot of older folk who rely on the little things in life , to purchases from a supermarket rather than Amazon will be effected ,they also enjoy the experience of the browsing for their grandchildren .
    That's why they're not selling non essential goods

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That's why they're not selling non essential goods
    Tobacco...essential? Not for me? Beer essential...yes for me, but maybe not for you.

A kettle maybe essential for both of us if ours breaks. But Drakeford says it's not essential.

Are we stupid? Or is it that Drakeford think's we are and in need of child like guidance?

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Tobacco...essential? Not for me? Beer essential...yes for me, but maybe not for you.

A kettle maybe essential for both of us if ours breaks. But Drakeford says it's not essential.

Are we stupid? Or is it that Drakeford think's we are and in need of child like guidance?
    Seems that plenty of people are acting like children having been told they aren't allowed to shop for frivolous things for a measly 2 weeks.

Surely if it can save people's lives it isn't that big of a sacrifice to have to make?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Seems that plenty of people are acting like children having been told they aren't allowed to shop for frivolous things for a measly 2 weeks.

Surely if it can save people's lives it isn't that big of a sacrifice to have to make?
    Supermarkets are one of the safest places to be, with a VERY low incidence of people catching Covid because of a visit. Lives are at minimum risk if people do the basics...2 metres apart ( I've see people every day talking or queuing no more that half a metre apart), hand hygiene, sanitise on way in and out of supermarket, and wear a mask.
    Why does our First Minister have a go at shoppers when the evidence is that the virus spreads via large groups of young people, close interaction in closed places like busy pubs/clubs or gatherings in homes, or catching the virus in a Welsh hospital?

Supermarkets are one of the safest places to be, with a VERY low incidence of people catching Covid because of a visit. Lives are at minimum risk if people do the basics...2 metres apart ( I've see people every day talking or queuing no more that half a metre apart), hand hygiene, sanitise on way in and out of supermarket, and wear a mask.
    Why does our First Minister have a go at shoppers when the evidence is that the virus spreads via large groups of young people, close interaction in closed places like busy pubs/clubs or gatherings in homes, or catching the virus in a Welsh hospital?
    it's clearly to emphasise the point that this is a serious lockdown and people should be modifying their behaviour as much as reasonably possible to make the lockdown as effective as possible.
    I really can't understand why people have such an issue with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it's clearly to emphasise the point that this is a serious lockdown and people should be modifying their behaviour as much as reasonably possible to make the lockdown as effective as possible.
    I really can't understand why people have such an issue with this.
    Exactly, and that's how Drakeford should have explained it to us. Instead he doesn't trust enough so has to go into the nitty gritty about what we can and cannot buy. If he treats like kids.......

The fewer items on sale should result in fewer people in store, which is the object of a lockdown, surely that’s common sense. And it’s only for another fortnight, if one life is indirectly saved through these measures it’s well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The fewer items on sale should result in fewer people in store, which is the object of a lockdown, surely that’s common sense.
    Do you honestly believe that will be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Do you honestly believe that will be the case?
    If somebody is desperate for clothing for some reason over the next fortnight it would be pointless them going to a supermarket to buy it. It’s only for a fortnight, nobody is going to end up bollock naked by a week Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The fewer items on sale should result in fewer people in store, which is the object of a lockdown, surely that’s common sense. And it’s only for another fortnight, if one life is indirectly saved through these measures it’s well worth it.
    The aim is for people to stay home. If they have to go shopping and can get all the items they need in one place, that should reduce the amount of time they are away from home.

Well considering you were on here asking if you could drive to Brecon to get meat from your favourite butchers when we and most of the world were in full lockdown I'd say it's the second one and probably not without reason

Drakeford is not alone in thinking that you are stupid and in need of guidance.

....bit harsh. There are plenty of people who are oblivious though. Maybe you aren’t one of them, maybe you are and are just having a whinge . Either way, they are doing this so that the hospitals don’t become overwhelmed and they can’t take a chance on trusting people to behave.... which I think if you are being honest, you’d admit that a lot of people don’t. If one person doesn’t behave appropriately, the knock on could be serious.

Can’t you just put up with not having stuff for a couple of weeks for the sake of everyone else’s well being?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Drakeford is not alone in thinking that you are stupid and in need of guidance.

....bit harsh. There are plenty of people who are oblivious though. Maybe you aren’t one of them, maybe you are and are just having a whinge . Either way, they are doing this so that the hospitals don’t become overwhelmed and they can’t take a chance on trusting people to behave.... which I think if you are being honest, you’d admit that a lot of people don’t. If one person doesn’t behave appropriately, the knock on could be serious.

Can’t you just put up with not having stuff for a couple of weeks for the sake of everyone else’s well being?
    I liked the old system when the NHS looked after us rather than the other way around

I liked the old system when the NHS looked after us rather than the other way around
    Sometimes I guess all you can do is wonder how that might have changed!

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...ul/ar-BB13u0OS

The group agreed that there had to be a simple, sharp message that all Government communications could get behind. Mr De Zoete suggested a simple message to stay at home. Mr Guerin then pointed to how the phrase "Stay at Home, Save Lives" had been successful in other parts of the world.

Mr Cain agreed and added a line about protecting the NHS - a key policy of the Tories' general election landslide in December. Mr Levido, Mr Guerin and Mr Cain then set about honing and refining the wording.

The following day the simple three-part message on coronavirus was born: "Stay Home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives."

Was that the case during the last Pandemic, or the one before that?