Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
The thing that puzzles me is if he was so bad when he was released why didn't they call a doctor or take him to hospital? If his death wasn't the result of any injuries, which I have not yet seen stated, should'nt we wait for the autopy before demonstrating/

My concern with these things is that if an enquiry finds fault with the police it will cause more demonstrations and if they are exonerated it will be labelled a cover up. They are in a no win situation. I cannot believe that he was seriously inured in the police staion and two shift of police officers covered up what happened and then released him in that condition not considering someone would know he wasn't in that condition when he went in. . Thats a lot of policemen. And being a friday night, even with covid, I'd imagine ther would be more than 1 person in the cell. If he was injured during the arrst and was in such a bad state then when he got to the cells the sergeant would normally call for a medical examination to certify him fit to be detained.
I agree with much of what you are saying and I hope that the bloke has died from natural causes

But it seems a bit odd 🤔

If the police have done nothing wrong then that will be it but there have been tensions between the police and the black community for many years since the murder of lynette White and the framing of those men

If I was from Butetown and this happened to someone I knew would I be looking for answers ? I think I probably would