+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vincent Tan Wealth

Vincent Tan Wealth

It seems that our owners’ wealth may well have skyrocketed recently as the Chinese stockmarket , where most of VT’s current developments appear to be taking place, has reached record highs. It may well be that we are in a better position than most clubs to weather the current crisis.
    This is obviously much to the chagrin of leading lights on the other board where VT’s fortunes are commonly being denigrated!!!

Re: Vincent Tan Wealth

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    It seems that our owners’ wealth may well have skyrocketed recently as the Chinese stockmarket , where most of VT’s current developments appear to be taking place, has reached record highs. It may well be that we are in a better position than most clubs to weather the current crisis.
    This is obviously much to the chagrin of leading lights on the other board where VT’s fortunes are commonly being denigrated!!!
    Interesting.Do you have any documentation to support this theory?

I don’t have any documentation apart from that relating to my own small punts in those areas. The Hang Seng has had one small retreat since May and the other China and Far East indices figures are widely available on such as CNN and Bloomberg to name but two. The Straits Times Financial will fill you in on Berjaya developments in China such as the Great Wall Mall, the biggest shopping development in the World.
    Like most things financial a lot must be put down to hunch and speculation but there is no doubt I would much prefer to have a few bob on China than on Lebanon!!!.

So what businesses do Vincent Tan / Berjaya Group have listed on the Chinese Stock market?

Chinese stocks and economy doing well after releasing a virus on the world then......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Chinese stocks and economy doing well after releasing a virus on the world then......
    Their stock market is doing well. Their per capita GDP is still horrible.

I'm hoping that if true it's a good sign that we will be looked after through these tough times.
    Vincent Tan has been a excellent for our club with the exception of the rebrand.
    I just had a browse on the other board and the chagrin of leading lights as you put them seem to have a nasty obsessive agenda towards our club which i find odd

Tan's own personal fortunes are almost irrelevant when it comes to FFP. Owners are only allowed to put so much of their own dosh into a team

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    So what businesses do Vincent Tan / Berjaya Group have listed on the Chinese Stock market?
    I suggest you do some research.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Everybody has to have a plan!!

Wales Online states Vincent Tan's wealth in the leisure industry has been hit hard by the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Wales Online states Vincent Tan's wealth in the leisure industry has been hit hard by the pandemic.
    He's probably doing fine then

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

He's listed Malaysian ( Chinese ) businessman and investor and founder of Berjaya Corporation Berhad which is a ( diversified ) conglomerate listed on the Malaysian stock market which I guess is hugely effected by the far East markets so he could have made money as some industries are making profit under Covid , China will quickly rebuild to the benefits of its investors.

Not looking particularly good lads....

berjaya.jpg

Was just about to say... Share value has halved in recent years. Dropped 50% in the last year.

I suggest you do some research.
    I know the answer, thanks. Seems you are the one who needs to do some research.

He'll never starve, unlike some of us unfortunately

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    He'll never starve, unlike some of us unfortunately
    Why is it unfortunate that he'll never starve?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Why is it unfortunate that he'll never starve?
    The unfortunate part is that some of us will.

The unfortunate part is that some of us will.
    He's obviously misread the post in his haste to provoke; now he might have had a point had the post read..... Unfortunately he'll never starve, unlike some of us