+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Re: Coronavirus update

Apologies if this has been posted already but I think this is the best thread to post ist on:

Southport fitness enthusiast, 42, who rejected vaccine, dies of Covid

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Apologies if this has been posted already but I think this is the best thread to post ist on:

Southport fitness enthusiast, 42, who rejected vaccine, dies of Covid
    What a fu*king idiot
    I just sent this to a mate of mine who hasn’t had it, 46 single parent with an 11 year old that relies on her too

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What a fu*king idiot
    I just sent this to a mate of mine who hasn’t had it, 46 single parent with an 11 year old that relies on her too
    I know. Well done for forwarding. I was just reading that Germany is looking at a vaccine passport system for venues including stadiums. Can't find the link, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I saw a report this morning that 2 weeks after unlock in England when they expected numbers to start rising again they in fact appear to be going down.
    But unlocking was still a reckless thing to do.
    SAGE said unlocking wasn't reckless as long as it wasn't accompanied by immediate dumping of the pandemic habits.

It then becomes a case of what gets that message over the best. Headlines such as freedom day and initially very confused messaging from UK government (speaking for England) regarding masks probably didn't help.

However, it appears that the more cautious amongst the scientists were wrong for reasons in process of being analysed and therefore it could be argued that Wales and Scotland were too cautious, but really what have we missed? The pingdemic that followed unlocking has put England in a standstill for 10 days so difference is a roughly week and a half. That week and a half had UK government draw up poorly explained rules for isolation exemption which they will then drop by 9th of August.

Next comes focus on ventilation, focus on reaching out to those not yet vaccinated and ensuring better support for developing nations. I went and found the Telegraph thing I referenced earlier and it's that the vaccines soon to be donated by the UK to African nations expire in September so they really need more support than what we're giving.

Confirmation ahead of tomorrow's announcement

Re: Coronavirus update - ALERT LEVEL ZERO

Bizarre new Green list choices. Poland still on Amber list, yet countries with much higher rates moved to Green, Germany & Rumania. Bulgaria remains on the list despite an infection rate 20x that in Poland.

Percentage of people vaccinated, Poland 48%, Rumania 25%, Bulgaria 12%

No logic!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Bizarre new Green list choices. Poland still on Amber list, yet countries with much higher rates moved to Green, Germany & Rumania. Bulgaria remains on the list despite an infection rate 20x that in Poland.

Percentage of people vaccinated, Poland 48%, Rumania 25%, Bulgaria 12%

No logic!
    Unless it’s to visit family etc it’s just not worth going abroad at the moment, what a palaver

Covid: Self-isolation payment raised to £750 in Wales: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-58093465

The cash is to support those who cannot work from home, as well as parents and carers with children who have tested positive and are self-isolating.

The increase will take effect from 7 August, Welsh ministers said.

People will be told to isolate by the NHS Wales Test Trace Protect (TTP) service if they have tested positive, have symptoms of coronavirus or are a close contact of someone testing positive and have not been fully vaccinated.
    An increase in rate of payment is good for this next stage of covid.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Drakeford said he hoped 85% of adults would be double jabbed by 7th of August but it had been looking like it would be high 83% and now looking more likely to be low 83% instead..
    What is the difference between high 83% and low 83%?

"Unless it’s to visit family etc it’s just not worth going abroad at the moment, what a palaver"

Yeah im the same, just glad to be going back to relative normal daily life. All our flights and abroad holidays are next year now, cannot be bothered with the hassle this year. Plus our fam down west so enjoying spending a lot of time down there.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I’d say 83% is pretty high, how are the ozzies doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    "Unless it’s to visit family etc it’s just not worth going abroad at the moment, what a palaver"

Yeah im the same, just glad to be going back to relative normal daily life. All our flights and abroad holidays are next year now, cannot be bothered with the hassle this year. Plus our fam down west so enjoying spending a lot of time down there.
    Same here, did book flights to Florida for this October about a year ago, just decided to f it off….usa will prob open border by then but the uncertainty aswell as all the testing/hassle/traffic light bollocks is just too much this year…. Pembs for me

Presumably about 0.9%?

As of 4th of August Wales are on 82.4% of adults vaccinated (or at least recorded as such in data presented by UK government).

On 3rd of August we had been on 82% and seemed to be 'slowing down' so going above 83.5% seemed unlikely but there was a big jump in recorded vaccinations from 3rd to 4th of August so it might be back on again.

Iceland have 86.5% of adults doubled jabbed but Director of Civil Protection Víðir Reynisson stated the growing number of infections is pushing infrastructure close to its limit according to this: https://www.icelandreview.com/societ...nfrastructure/

There's a reason SAGE were warning against dropping all pandemic habits before England's day on 19th of July even if they felt it was safe enough to open.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...llers-24702996

Neil Warnock has branded footballers who refuse to get double vaccinated as “wrong”.

The Middlesbrough manager has admitted that most of his players have not been inoculated, leaving them more vulnerable to catching and spreading Covid-19.

The Government is demanding that all adult fans be vaccinated to attend events with crowds of over 20,000 by the end of September - which would look like a hollow demand if star players haven't been jabbed.

Warnock, 72, who was one of the first managers to contract the respiratory disease last year, said: "For whatever reason, the majority of the players don’t have vaccinations which I think is wrong. That’s how it goes.

“We’ve had a few little sniffs of the virus which we’ve got to overcome. We’re still getting tested every day.

“It’s every individual but I think it’s proven that if you’ve had two jabs you can go everywhere you want and come back.

“We’ve just got to be so careful because we are mixing with fans now. It’s so easy. We’ve had a couple of cases similar to that and nobody knows where they caught it.”

Asked if that would wreck a Government policy to only admit vaccinated fans, Warnock added: “I agree totally. I think the fans should get on their websites and demand that the players have them because I can only say so much.”

I wonder how many of our players haven't had the vaccine?

Surely there is no excuse and I'm amazed that any club (Boro in this case but maybe it is the norm) is unwilling or unable to insist their players do something so simple to help protect themselves and others - and protect a club asset!

Instead Warnock is saying that fans should put pressure on the players to get the jab via messageboards !!!

I knew maths would come in handy one day when I left school.

Probably a few thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I knew maths would come in handy one day when I left school.

Probably a few thousand.

International

Dsepite the Doon and Gloom merchantsm incuding scientists and politicians forcasting a surge in infection rates when restrictions were lifted, after 2 weeks there has been no significatnt rise if cases in England.
    Now in Wleas it seems people are being just as sensible and gradual in return to 'normality' as the english.
    out shopping today
    i saw everyone conforming to the mask requirements, and some hospitality venues are being cautious, .
    there is still table service in the Conway pub 0n Conway Road and the Black Lion in Llandaddff is still requiring people to sit at a table to drink, and book in . There you can buy bar the bar but must sit to drink. I don't know whether this is a lanlord rule or a Marsdens rule but if it is the brewery there will be a lot of pubs like it. So I don't expect andy big surge here either.
    I suppose the scientists will start crying wolf about the winter now.

This is an intersting (non political ) articvle about how little we really know

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...covid-spreads/

If people can't read it I'll try to cut and paste it.

Dsepite the Doon and Gloom merchantsm incuding scientists and politicians forcasting a surge in infection rates when restrictions were lifted, after 2 weeks there has been no significatnt rise if cases in England.
    Now in Wleas it seems people are being just as sensible and gradual in return to 'normality' as the english.
    out shopping today
    i saw everyone conforming to the mask requirements, and some hospitality venues are being cautious, .
    there is still table service in the Conway pub 0n Conway Road and the Black Lion in Llandaddff is still requiring people to sit at a table to drink, and book in . There you can buy bar the bar but must sit to drink. I don't know whether this is a lanlord rule or a Marsdens rule but if it is the brewery there will be a lot of pubs like it. So I don't expect andy big surge here either.

Saw one man wearing a mask in the supermarket today. I was also wearing a mask, my mother wasn't because she didn't have to.. Same thought as everyone else.

I don't think this cautious nature is spread far and wide.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Drakeford said he hoped 85% of adults would be double jabbed by 7th of August but it had been looking like it would be high 83% and now looking more likely to be low 83% instead.

So far we've ruled out incentives for vaccines in Wales but at some point conversation needed about how to reach out to more people.

Might be interesting to note what England was in terms of vaccines on 19th of July (87.5% first doses and 68.2% second doses) and update with Wales on, fingers crossed, 7th of August and Scotland on 9th of August. Will be interesting to see if higher vaccines percentages will prevent "pingdemic" happening.

Will also be interesting to see how Wales goes about following Scotland in using ventilation & CO2 monitors in schools (and other enclosed locations).

And how UK manages to step up support for rest of the world. https://twitter.com/peoplesvaccine calling for "vaccines be freely available to everyone, everywhere", my words now, rather than waiting til they're almost out of date before getting them to developing nations as reported by Will Brown who covers across Africa for The Telegraph.
    Wales has single jabbed 90.7% of adults and double jabbed 83.1% of adults by the 7th of August.

While there is understanding that vaccine does a great job of protecting individual from worst of it there is still a need to be a little careful to reduce risks of catching and spreading it to someone else.

Saw one man wearing a mask in the supermarket today. I was also wearing a mask, my mother wasn't because she didn't have to.. Same thought as everyone else.

I don't think this cautious nature is spread far and wide.
    I don't think many realise that masks are only effective if used properly.

Wash or sanitise hands before putting mask on. Ensure it covers bridge of nose and under chin,. Don't touch face or any part of the mask cover when it's in use. Wash or sanitise hands before removing mask.

If you don't do that then you might as well not wear one

out shopping today

Good article the fact that after two years that scientists are still baffled how it spreads, is both fascinating and worrying

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I don't think many realise that masks are only effective if used properly.

Wash or sanitise hands before putting mask on. Ensure it covers bridge of nose and under chin,. Don't touch face or any part of the mask cover when it's in use. Wash or sanitise hands before removing mask.

If you don't do that then you might as well not wear one
    Thanks. I've been doing it wrong for 18 months thank god you told me how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Good article the fact that after two years that scientists are still baffled how it spreads, is both fascinating and worrying
    Try Nature instead. There's absolutely zero doubt that SARS-CoV-2, the virus which causes COVID-19 spreads through three main routes: inhalation of droplets suspended in the air, direct deposition of droplets on mucous membranes, and the carriage of virus particles from contaminated surfaces to the mucous membranes.

Meanwhile, in the real world, this stuff will keep happening with uninformed opinions Rightwing radio host and anti-vaxxer dies of Covid

Dissing the Scientific community is dangerous and counterproductive. We owe our lives to these people. We've had the same problems with climate change and just look where that's getting us. We all saw the Bluebirds who died from Covid on Saturday and they're haunting images.

Thanks. I've been doing it wrong for 18 months thank god you told me how to do it.
    I hope you wear medical grade ones and replace after each use ��