+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Elephant In The Room

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    How do you know that they are?
    Can only speak personally

I am not friends with these people but where I live there are lots of people out selling poppies , all there for remembrance day and you read their Facebook feeds and its vote brexit , let's look after our soldiers before immigrants , white lives matter , all lives matter , one bloke locally dresses up with his mace and has done for years to honor the fallen then a few days later hes saying share this if you think all lives matter , bollocks about Enoch Powell and rivers of blood and he gets loads of thumbs up from people posting exactly the same rule Brittania bullshit . Black people and this protest are no threat to him . Where I live there are a few black and mixed race people and some black and mixed race kids and school kids . But for this bloke his most likely encounter with anyone black apart from the small number of black people who live in this town would be to go 14 miles in cardiff and walk round the docks , grange , canton Riverside or just go shopping walk along Queen Street a few times and he would plenty of black people . But this bloke lives in a town probably 99 percent white , And he rarely leaves . He just rants on Facebook and he's a racist . And there are loads of people like him and they are racists too . No pissing about , these people sometimes let slip with the odd comment but when anything crops up that stirs their prehistoric views , out comes the racism . Which of course they deny . But those of us locally who don't think like that know the score .

International

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Can only speak personally

I am not friends with these people but where I live there are lots of people out selling poppies , all there for remembrance day and you read their Facebook feeds and its vote brexit , let's look after our soldiers before immigrants , white lives matter , all lives matter , one bloke locally dresses up with his mace and has done for years to honor the fallen then a few days later hes saying share this if you think all lives matter , bollocks about Enoch Powell and rivers of blood and he gets loads of thumbs up from people posting exactly the same rule Brittania bullshit . Black people and this protest are no threat to him . Where I live there are a few black and mixed race people and some black and mixed race kids and school kids . But for this bloke his most likely encounter with anyone black apart from the small number of black people who live in this town would be to go 14 miles in cardiff and walk round the docks , grange , canton Riverside or just go shopping walk along Queen Street a few times and he would plenty of black people . But this bloke lives in a town probably 99 percent white , And he rarely leaves . He just rants on Facebook and he's a racist . And there are loads of people like him and they are racists too . No pissing about , these people sometimes let slip with the odd comment but when anything crops up that stirs their prehistoric views , out comes the racism . Which of course they deny . But those of us locally who don't think like that know the score .
    If you don't know these people how come you're on their face book pages?