+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next Manager Odds Watch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Next Manager Odds Watch

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Reading through some of the opinions on here and on social media, are you sure that's a bad thing?
    So, did you think Harris should have stayed?

If not, do you think Mick McCarthy is a good replacement?

Fans are fans, there will always be a range of opinions. It is always good to keep onside the people that put money into the club though.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    So, did you think Harris should have stayed?

If not, do you think Mick McCarthy is a good replacement?

Fans are fans, there will always be a range of opinions. It is always good to keep onside the people that put money into the club though.
    I want the manager who can successfully deliver on the aims to i) improve playing style, ii) bring through youth, iii) improve in transfer market, iv) establish longer term vision and v) keep us competitive with longer term plan of promotion that sticks.

If Mick McCarthy has the plan to meet those aims then I'm happy to give him a chance.

I don't think we have the resources to rip apart everything Warnock did* so will be a slow build with sights set on 2022-2023 onwards rather than rushing to play passing football now.

*Neither do I think it's necessary. Warnock got us playing as a team, brought in leaders to get us through tough times and got fans on side. These are foundations to work from.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I want the manager who can successfully deliver on the aims to i) improve playing style, ii) bring through youth, iii) improve in transfer market, iv) establish longer term vision and v) keep us competitive with longer term plan of promotion that sticks.

If Mick McCarthy has the plan to meet those aims then I'm happy to give him a chance.

I don't think we have the resources to rip apart everything Warnock did* so will be a slow build with sights set on 2022-2023 onwards rather than rushing to play passing football now.

*Neither do I think it's necessary. Warnock got us playing as a team, brought in leaders to get us through tough times and got fans on side. These are foundations to work from.
    I totally understand ripping up and starting again and it needs to be gradual but we also need to see evidence of it too. In many aspects things were getting worse despite us adding better quality to the first team. The defence is as bad as it had been for quite some time even when fully fit.

I agree that McCarthy could well be what was needed until the end of the season but not long term for me.

Just an opinion though.