+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fifteen years ago today.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fifteen years ago today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There’s a part of that video around 10/11, 11/12 where, if it was not a penalty, every goal he scored was ridiculous - you don’t realise how good someone/something is until it’s gone to kind of quote Joni Mitchell.
    One of Dave Jones's masterstrokes was to give him penalty duty. That seemed to give him more confidence and, while he barely showed it, he must have loved the feeling of the ball hitting the back of the net.

My favourite Whittingham goal was the one at Reading where the ball just broke slightly in his direction and, with hardly any time to think about it, sent a one touch curling lob into the top corner from at least 30 yards. Many think his goal against Barnsley was his finest, fair enough, but for pure instinct and skill, that has always stood out for me.

It was a shame we didn't see the best of Whitts in the Premier League. It was also a shame that he started to struggle in his last couple of seasons with us. In hindsight he perhaps should have retired, but he wanted to play regularly, something he wasn't going to get under Warnock, and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    One of Dave Jones's masterstrokes was to give him penalty duty. That seemed to give him more confidence and, while he barely showed it, he must have loved the feeling of the ball hitting the back of the net.

My favourite Whittingham goal was the one at Reading where the ball just broke slightly in his direction and, with hardly any time to think about it, sent a one touch curling lob into the top corner from at least 30 yards. Many think his goal against Barnsley was his finest, fair enough, but for pure instinct and skill, that has always stood out for me.

It was a shame we didn't see the best of Whitts in the Premier League. It was also a shame that he started to struggle in his last couple of seasons with us. In hindsight he perhaps should have retired, but he wanted to play regularly, something he wasn't going to get under Warnock, and rightfully so.
    Good post.
    Spedger

350 grand.
    What an absolute snip.
    Value for money has to be our best singing in the last 50 years if not more.