+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 3 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I’d love to see us play a more beautiful version of the game, and there is no doubt we’re already much easier on the eye than we were under Warnock.... BUT we have 5 games to go, the style of football Harris has us playing and the selections he is making have got us in a position that I don’t think anyone on this board thought possible 25 games ago.

It’s an evolutionary approach and at this stage I’m taking a top 6 finish playing this way over any other way of playing that may have us finishing lower than 6... Now is not the time to piss about with something that’s obviously working... it’s not pretty, but it’s prettier than it was...

You’ll never find me saying that playing style (and not being in the playoffs) is more important than getting in the play offs playing an unattractive brand of football.

Didn’t work out too well for Lee Johnson... smug twat 🤣
    Personnel change.

I haven't seen anyone ask us to play like Barcelona or Wolves..

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

I would include Tomlin and Ward, then bring Glatzel on around 70 minutes.
    There is always a danger that not scoring reasonably early puts no pressure on the opposition and as they reach the “20 minutes to go point”, they grow in confidence to hold for a point or perhaps steal all 3.
    As the home team we need to put pressure on the away side and force them out of their shell.
    Without Tomlin (and including Patterson) we severely reduce that opportunity