Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
I do think he speaks sense on a number of things and he has “lived in experience” of segregation growing up in Chicago in that time period.

I have posted a few times in this thread about the complexities of systemic racism in America.

I’m not sure what the answers are...
But I do believe though that some uncomfortable grown up discussions need to be had in order to make things better, rather than a pure repainting of history, white guilt and affirmative action.
I'm not sure what the answers are either, as you said it's a complex issue.

As I said he comes across and intelligent man but I think he also comes across as being a bit out of touch when he says racism doesn't exist. I don't think he says that out of stupidity orignorance. Maybe he genuinely believes that's the case or maybe he has an agenda.

I've listened to a few podcasts this week, the one that stood out was black sportmen talking about growing up. All 3 of them came from households that weren't poor but still had lots of instances of racism to talk about and still encountered it to this day so it isn't just an economic issue either.

When an issue like this comes up it's important to listen to other sides of the story. Unfortunately you have to try and avoid places like fox news who have an obvious agenda. Listen to stuff put out by real people through their own mediums. Of course everyone has their biases etc but when they aren't directly tied to political sides like the guy being interviewed by fox is, it's much easier to take them at face value.