+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Re: Season ticket purchases a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Painless if you're renewing I'd imagine. Not so painless if you're trying to buy a new season ticket, as DubaiDai can testify.
    Ah I see

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Just done mine, it was painless. Agreed there should be a bit more sympathy from the club for those not computer literate though
    Easy for me.
    I just got my son to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's interesting that you're so defensive about the ticket office and the way in which the club is handling season ticket sales when you don't actually understand the system yourself.

Yesterday at 11:26 am you boldly stated the following:

"City season ticket sales are currently only open online to existing season ticket holders or members to renew. They are not on general sale."

That was incorrect. False information. Season tickets are on general sale to anyone who wishes to buy one. So you were wrong, again. It's clear that you don't understand the club's sales system and yet you defend it at every opportunity. We can only hope that everyone else isn't as confused about the situation as you so obviously are.
    Sorry, I didn't see this message until today. Unlike you obviously, I don't spend 24 hours a day trolling through this board looking for your posts to see if I can disagree with them. Firstly, if I did put wrong information out, then this was done unintentionally, unlike most of your posts which contain deliberate lies and inaccuracies about the club which you say you are a fan of but obviously hate with a passion. Quite how you think you are qualified to comment on the workings of the ticket office system anyway is beyond me, as you aren't a season ticket holder and don't, on your own admission, purchase your own tickets. You obviously must make up your opinions based on second hand information. In any event your comment on my previous post doesn't have any bearing on the general point that I was making that people who turn up at a ticket office or ring a telephone line, during a period when online sales only are advertised as taking place, are acting illogically. By my calculations there are about 15-20 people who post on this board who regularly complain about the activities of the ticket office and it is always the same people, who obviously, like you, have an axe to grind. . The club sold almost 14000 season tickets last year, so assertions that there are severe problems with the sale of tickets isn't backed up by the figures. I would hazard a guess that the vast majority of our ticket sales are handled professionally and courteously by a small group of predominantly young people, who work hard and under a lot of pressure and don’t deserve the amount of constant criticism from people like you who have nothing better to do but moan about anything the club does.

PS. I purchased three season tickets last week online, in about ten minutes with no problems, so I obviously do understand the workings of the ticketing system. Why don't you give it a try TLG, you never know, you might actually enjoy the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Quite how you think you are qualified to comment on the workings of the ticket office system anyway is beyond me, as you aren't a season ticket holder…..
    Wrong yet again. You’re in a desperately bad run of form at present.

When I lived in Cardiff (i.e. until 2018), I’d always drive to the ground, go to the ticket office, pay for my tickets on my card and the whole thing was completed in a few minutes with no problems. Sometimes I’d ring them up if I had a query about the sale of season tickets and, again, my problem would be resolved within a minute or two.

By contrast, the Trust received quite a few requests from people who were not too computer literate last year who were completely in the dark as to how they could renew their season ticket because they could not contact the ticket office in person, by phone or by e-mail - those who had posted correspondence to the club by letter tended not to get a reply for weeks or months, if at all.

Of course, this was at a time when there were still Covid restrictions in place, but these had been eased and shops had long since been open to the public for all goods, it was only places like pubs, restaurants and nightclubs that were still affected. Also, what you had tended to find in lockdowns was that businesses expanded the services they provided by phone, rather than shut them down completely like the ticket office did.

Now, we reach a stage where Covid restrictions are more or less a thing of the past and yet the services offered by the ticket office are almost non existent- a forelock tugger like dml can scold us customers of the club for having the effrontery to be critical of how season tickets are being sold this year as much as he likes, but the plain truth is that the service being offered is nowhere near as good as it was pre Covid - people are well within their rights to be upset that, for example, they cannot go to the ticket office on a match day and buy their season tickets there and then.d

Season ticket sales suspended for the next week - it's reached the stage where you start wondering if they want people to renew.

https://tickets.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Season ticket sales suspended for the next week - it's reached the stage where you start wondering if they want people to renew.

Bale announcement imminent

I though that was the original plan to allow those in the upper ninian a week to relocate and it opens again next week with the same prices as before the suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I though that was the original plan to allow those in the upper ninian a week to relocate and it opens again next week with the same prices as before the suspension
    Or they could do something really novel like go back to offering the same service as they did pre Covid

Or they could do something really novel like go back to offering the same service as they did pre Covid
    Don't dispute that they could actually open the ticket office I was just explaining that it wasn't a new decision to suspend - that's all

Why are you still banging on about this issue ? Sales are only suspended for a week for a legitimate reason, which was clearly advertised weeks ago. It is to allow people who had season tickets in the Upper Ninian last season to relocate where they want to, to other parts of the ground. Or do you think that these people don’t deserve this opportunity and courtesy and that there should be a free for all instead. Sales reopen a week later for everyone. Really, your attitude towards the club is becoming rather boring now. In your world the club is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't. Very strange attitude to have regarding ‘your’ club.

Why are you still banging on about this issue ? Sales are only suspended for a week for a legitimate reason, which was clearly advertised weeks ago. It is to allow people who had season tickets in the Upper Ninian last season to relocate where they want to, to other parts of the ground. Or do you think that these people don’t deserve this opportunity and courtesy and that there should be a free for all instead. Sales reopen a week later for everyone. Really, your attitude towards the club is becoming rather boring now. In your world the club is damned if it does and damned if it doesn't. Very strange attitude to have regarding ‘your’ club.
    Well, strange as it may seem to you, I have this opinion that a football club should have a ticket office and club shop that is open to the public for five days a week, at least, a ticket office that is contactable by phone and e-mail and a system whereby season tickets can be renewed online without being shut down for a week during the period when “early bird” renewals were in place.

Before March 2020, Cardiff City felt the same way, but they don’t any more. Everyone can understand why there were limitations in place for much of the two years since the pandemic began, but I’m fairly sure that I can now go shopping in all of the locations I used regularly prior to March 2020 except for Cardiff City, why is that?

Well, strange as it may seem to you, I have this opinion that a football club should have a ticket office and club shop that is open to the public for five days a week, at least, a ticket office that is contactable by phone and e-mail and a system whereby season tickets can be renewed online without being shut down for a week during the period when “early bird” renewals were in place.

Before March 2020, Cardiff City felt the same way, but they don’t any more. Everyone can understand why there were limitations in place for much of the two years since the pandemic began, but I’m fairly sure that I can now go shopping in all of the locations I used regularly prior to March 2020 except for Cardiff City, why is that?
    here here.

I think the all round customer service / fan engagement is dreadful at CCFC.

Everything seems designed to make life a little difficult, and one result of that is you feel like their are taking the mick out of your support a little - at least thats how I feel.

Your defence of the indefensible is excruciating. Your cap doffing replies get more cringeworthy day by day.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Your defence of the indefensible is excruciating. Your cap doffing replies get more cringeworthy day by day.
    Interesting thread this. I may be farting in church here but I've got some sympathy with DML. I'm sure the club could do more to improve customer service but I don't understand the 'indefensible' bit.

I'd received a couple of e mails off the club explaining how this process was going to work and it was on the club site too. People had until last Friday to reserve their existing seats. Online and phone until the Monday, then the ticket office was open each day until the Friday. Three options to renew last week; online, telephone or in person. There would then be a week's suspension of sales to allow people in the Upper Ninian to relocate. From this Monday general sales will resume, at early bird prices, until June 1st via online or telephone. It doesn't seem too obtuse to me, I don't understand why people are getting so angry.

I had a very quick look at how other clubs are doing it. Unless I misread, Bristol City and Reading are having no in-person sales at all (and Swansea's early-bird offer ended on January 31st) and the suspension of sales to allow relocation seems a common thing. I'm not saying we couldn't be doing it better but it doesn't seem radically different to others and it was all explained clearly in advance.

I went to the ticket office last Thursday to renew tickets for me and my two boys and it was all sorted in a few minutes. The girl who dealt with me was very helpful and seemed happy to accept my money. I'd prefer the ticket office to be open more often but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'm certainly not looking for an argument but what has the club done here that's indefensible?

Sense at last

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Interesting thread this. I may be farting in church here but I've got some sympathy with DML. I'm sure the club could do more to improve customer service but I don't understand the 'indefensible' bit.

I'd received a couple of e mails off the club explaining how this process was going to work and it was on the club site too. People had until last Friday to reserve their existing seats. Online and phone until the Monday, then the ticket office was open each day until the Friday. Three options to renew last week; online, telephone or in person. There would then be a week's suspension of sales to allow people in the Upper Ninian to relocate. From this Monday general sales will resume, at early bird prices, until June 1st via online or telephone. It doesn't seem too obtuse to me, I don't understand why people are getting so angry.

I had a very quick look at how other clubs are doing it. Unless I misread, Bristol City and Reading are having no in-person sales at all (and Swansea's early-bird offer ended on January 31st) and the suspension of sales to allow relocation seems a common thing. I'm not saying we couldn't be doing it better but it doesn't seem radically different to others and it was all explained clearly in advance.

I went to the ticket office last Thursday to renew tickets for me and my two boys and it was all sorted in a few minutes. The girl who dealt with me was very helpful and seemed happy to accept my money. I'd prefer the ticket office to be open more often but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'm certainly not looking for an argument but what has the club done here that's indefensible?
    Thank God they have seen sense and have allowed face to face transactions.
    See it wasn't hard

Reading between the lines the reason for the closure or reduced hours opening of the ticket office and club shop is down to a thinning out of staff policy. We’ve learned from this thread that this is a huge inconvenience for many fans, fans who are more than willing to put money into the club but a multi million pound concern (which Cardiff City are) culling minimum wage staff, who are instrumental in bringing in this money, while figures of a £14,000 a week cap are being bandied about re. players is a bit of a kick in the teeth for these ‘reduced hours’ or laid off of minimum wagers.

You very often read, when clubs have success, that everyone, even down to the ‘tea lady’, has played their part. Cardiff City seem to drop their ‘tea ladies’ like a shit house seat. That’s indefensible.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Reading between the lines the reason for the closure or reduced hours opening of the ticket office and club shop is down to a thinning out of staff policy. We’ve learned from this thread that this is a huge inconvenience for many fans, fans who are more than willing to put money into the club but a multi million pound concern (which Cardiff City are) culling minimum wage staff, who are instrumental in bringing in this money, while figures of a £14,000 a week cap are being bandied about re. players is a bit of a kick in the teeth for these ‘reduced hours’ or laid off of minimum wagers.

You very often read, when clubs have success, that everyone, even down to the ‘tea lady’, has played their part. Cardiff City seem to drop their ‘tea ladies’ like a shit house seat. That’s indefensible.
    Surely that's not what this thread was about though? You slammed the club for 'doing it's utmost to put obstacles in people's way' and mocked DML for defending the indefensible. Now it's been pointed out to you that there was a well advertised timetable for this process, that we're doing broadly the same as other clubs and that the ticket office was open all last week you've moved the goalposts and are now trying to make out it was all about something else. Which, judging by your use of the word seem in the last paragraph, you're not sure about anyway.

I totally agree with you about funding the ticket office by the way, you'd think it would be a drop in the ocean compared with player's wages, and it hurts my head to think about how a football club operates it's budget in general (imagine how many minimum wage staff we could've employed if we hadn't signed Isaac Vassell, for example) but other clubs seem to be going the same way and, like I said, I don't think it's what this thread was about.

You're one of the best posters on here, TOBW the same. I've no interest in arguing with either of you but the endless anger and club bashing on here is exhausting enough as it is so it's a bit sad to see the pair of you piling in without any apparent justification. There's always things to criticise, of course, and I don't want a board full of DMLs but hammering the club for expecting the majority of people to be able to use the internet in 2022 is pretty toe-curling.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    That’s a very selfish attitude you have !

I’m alright jack, sod those who do not use/understand the tinternet
    I read this week that McDonald's are changing a lot of their stores and not having the usual front counter where you walk up and order with a staff member, it will be available but just a small hatch to the side as more people are ordering online via their app or on the touch screen machines and waiting to collect.

Given how many people now use the Internet it makes sense to serve big numbers in this way, before then opening the phone lines and the ticket office. They have said these will be available, I don't see what the issue is, they aren't forcing you online, but it is an option now as more people will buy that way than will buy going into the office.

Surely that's not what this thread was about though? You slammed the club for 'doing it's utmost to put obstacles in people's way' and mocked DML for defending the indefensible. Now it's been pointed out to you that there was a well advertised timetable for this process, that we're doing broadly the same as other clubs and that the ticket office was open all last week you've moved the goalposts and are now trying to make out it was all about something else. Which, judging by your use of the word seem in the last paragraph, you're not sure about anyway.

I totally agree with you about funding the ticket office by the way, you'd think it would be a drop in the ocean compared with player's wages, and it hurts my head to think about how a football club operates it's budget in general (imagine how many minimum wage staff we could've employed if we hadn't signed Isaac Vassell, for example) but other clubs seem to be going the same way and, like I said, I don't think it's what this thread was about.

You're one of the best posters on here, TOBW the same. I've no interest in arguing with either of you but the endless anger and club bashing on here is exhausting enough as it is so it's a bit sad to see the pair of you piling in without any apparent justification. There's always things to criticise, of course, and I don't want a board full of DMLs but hammering the club for expecting the majority of people to be able to use the internet in 2022 is pretty toe-curling.
    “Endless anger”? I’ve set out why this does make me angry and the way we’ve played for the last few seasons doesn’t please me either, but I can’t think of much else that angers me about the club. I cannot agree that offering a markedly worse service now than they did in pre Covid days does not offer justification for us piling in as you put it. You say a majority are able to use the internet, which is an admission that there is a minority who cannot or choose not to.

Last summer, those who fell into that category were left with no way of contacting the club and, with the excuse offered by Covid lockdowns not applicable this time, the situation is still not as sympathetic to such people as you would expect it to be. Finally, I can’t agree that others are doing the same is a good enough excuse to try and justify the sub standard service on offer this year.

Let it go.

You'll feel less stressed.

I’m not knocking the club on 100% of its workings. The early transfer deals are very encouraging, ok not household names, but the club certainly aren’t letting the grass grow. But I will continue to gripe about things that piss me off, as you know the ticket office & club shop are my biggest bugbear.

I’ll give you a ‘for instance’. A while back I checked what credit I had due to Covid postponements, it was around £70. I discovered that the club shop had reopened but only on Saturdays. I wanted a new coat and there was one I fancied at the shop for about £90. Marvellous I think, I’ll go and get it, even though I was owed the £70 I went with the mindset I was getting a new coat for £20 odd. I pick the coat up, get to the till but it wouldn’t accept my credit. I was told, yes, you are owed £70 but you can only use it online?? I put the coat back and left, who would spend £90 on an item of clothing that you couldn’t try on?

Anyway, sod the coat, renewed my season ticket with the £70 discount but the club lost out on a £90 deal due to their poor way of doing business. I’m of the opinion that businesses, especially after the disastrous pandemic, should leave no stone unturned in filling the coffers. Oh, the PR and advertising wing of the club needs a kick up the arse as well, the sale of season tickets should be being trumpeted throughout the area while the truth is that potential new fans have no clue whatsoever.

Season tickets suspended until May 23rd.No explanation as to why.Gone on holiday,Gone away.funeral,updating the system.Keep your £960 we don't want it.God knows and he ain't saying..