+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    In some places in England, especially coastal regions like Blackpool and down in the South West, the R rate was around 1 a few days ago. So, Wales is at 0.7 (midpoint) which is fairly close to the 0.65 rate that Germany were reporting at the time of their lockdown easing.

My focus is on Wales and today 77 more cases, with Cardiff, RCT and N Wales featuring. I do not understand the logic of our 5 mile travel limit as it pushes the population of the hot spots together, thus increasing the likelihood of catching the virus. And our First Minister cannot justify this stance with any scientific evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    My focus is on Wales and today 77 more cases, with Cardiff, RCT and N Wales featuring. I do not understand the logic of our 5 mile travel limit as it pushes the population of the hot spots together, thus increasing the likelihood of catching the virus. And our First Minister cannot justify this stance with any scientific evidence.
    Yes, I agree about the five mile limit - I tend to be a bit more supportive of the Welsh Government than some on here and I'm with them when it comes to a cautious approach to easing lockdown, but the five mile limit just seems odd to me.

News this morning that a wholesale meat market in Beijing in lockdown after a spike in cases. It seems two men who work at a local meat research centre had been at the market. Quite where they caught it is not known, but one suspects the ' meat research centre'...whatever that is!