+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any one still have a landline and broadband package ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Any one still have a landline and broadband package ?

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Wife insists on landline just in case of emergency and mobile fails. Costing me 20 odd quid a month for the privilege for something that has not been used in 2 years.
    Incidentally I get speeds of 100+mbs on my mobile and around 25mbs on broadband. Could so easily bounce usage of phone on everything in house.
    You can tell her that is all coming to an end. Mr Mrs has always maintained that the landline would work even if there was a power cut.That will all end soon.The only calls incoming on the landline these days are scammers and the mother in law, time to get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    You can tell her that is all coming to an end. Mr Mrs has always maintained that the landline would work even if there was a power cut.That will all end soon.The only calls incoming on the landline these days are scammers and the mother in law, time to get rid.
    I have been making enquiries with Mo , our French Connection

And I have been reliably informed by a few companies that if you have an existing landline number it can indeed be saved using the VOIP system

For ten quid a month you can keep your number and get free anytime calls so people like me don't have to inform everyone I am now mobile only

And of course its no good just having a mobile if you are one of many that live in areas with crap signals

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have been making enquiries with Mo , our French Connection

And I have been reliably informed by a few companies that if you have an existing landline number it can indeed be saved using the VOIP system

For ten quid a month you can keep your number and get free anytime calls so people like me don't have to inform everyone I am now mobile only

And of course its no good just having a mobile if you are one of many that live in areas with crap signals
    Sludge....you do not keep your old copper landline...you don't get free calls.....and you get a new VOIP number....typically (my provider) one beginning wth 0560....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Sludge....you do not keep your old copper landline...you don't get free calls.....and you get a new VOIP number....typically (my provider) one beginning wth 0560....
    I have spoken to the chaps you suggested and they say I can keep my existing landline number ......not the landline but the number ......and 10 quid a month covers lowish phone use

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Why wouldn't the copper landline be kept?