+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday's SHOCK net spend over 10 years compared to Cardiff City and Watford

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sheffield Wednesday's SHOCK net spend over 10 years compared to Cardiff City and Watford

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes they rely far too much on the manager, who is only ever going to go for the here and now, as there's a good chance that they won't be there to reap the benefits of the ones for the future.
    a director of football - and a forward thinking one is what we need for longer term success
    Absolutely, as there's bugger all football knowledge on the board, apart from the legend Tan, knower of everything.

Unfortunately I reckon they have no interest in spending extra money on a director of football, neither does Tan want someone with more say than him, possibly.

Re: Sheffield Wednesday's SHOCK net spend over 10 years compared to Cardiff City and Watford

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely, as there's bugger all football knowledge on the board, apart from the legend Tan, knower of everything.

Unfortunately I reckon they have no interest in spending extra money on a director of football, neither does Tan want someone with more say than him, possibly.
    Trouble is, the person I've seen most often suggested as a director of football on here was Neil Warnock.
    What a ridiculous state of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Dalman acts as our Director of Football, with our Manager, Tan just rubber stamps and pays for deals he is persuaded are worthwhile! He has many other businesses to run including two other football clubs so does not get involved with the nitty gritty!
    I think he should replace Dalman with a proven Director of Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Dalman acts as our Director of Football, with our Manager, Tan just rubber stamps and pays for deals he is persuaded are worthwhile! He has many other businesses to run including two other football clubs so does not get involved with the nitty gritty!
    I think he should replace Dalman with a proven Director of Football?
    I heard a podcast talking about LAFC, which Tan used to have a stake in. They were pretty progresive with their setup and had drafted in analysists and DoF type roles from other American sports (which have a much longer pedigree at this type of thing) - and it seems to have paid off as they went from nowhere to being force in the MLS in a very short time.
    You'd think that Tan would have been paying attention and want to copy that model.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I heard a podcast talking about LAFC, which Tan used to have a stake in. They were pretty progresive with their setup and had drafted in analysists and DoF type roles from other American sports (which have a much longer pedigree at this type of thing) - and it seems to have paid off as they went from nowhere to being force in the MLS in a very short time.
    You'd think that Tan would have been paying attention and want to copy that model.
    Tan had a minor stake in LAFC. He probably never paid them much mind. Even if he did, who's to say he would understand?