+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New home for City's Academy.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: New home for City's Academy.

The Council have been looking to flog that bit of land ever since the school closed. I'm surprised that it hasn't already been sold for housing. Mind you, the access around there is not good - Ball Road is the only way in or out - especially with the Cardiff Uni pitches right next door, and more council football and rugby pitches further along. Traffic flow is definitely going to rise.
    But still, this has to be seen as a good thing fo the club, and it will hopefully improve the playing staff, even if it takes a while to show results.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The Council have been looking to flog that bit of land ever since the school closed. I'm surprised that it hasn't already been sold for housing. Mind you, the access around there is not good - Ball Road is the only way in or out - especially with the Cardiff Uni pitches right next door, and more council football and rugby pitches further along. Traffic flow is definitely going to rise.
    But still, this has to be seen as a good thing fo the club, and it will hopefully improve the playing staff, even if it takes a while to show results.

There is the promise of a road linking the bottom of Llanrumney & Eastern Avenue....promise? Erm rumour perhaps. It’s a huge area isn’t it, encompassing the old Ball Road school site, The University grounds, Rumney Rugby Club, Pen-yr-Heol School. Im not sure that the ground is suitable for a large scale housing project, it’s prone to flooding. Quite recently the rugby club was out of action due to flooding, I think the Rhymney River bursts its banks quite regularly. I can remember playing football there years ago and the nearer the pitches were to the river the boggier they were.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    There is the promise of a road linking the bottom of Llanrumney & Eastern Avenue....promise? Erm rumour perhaps. It’s a huge area isn’t it, encompassing the old Ball Road school site, The University grounds, Rumney Rugby Club, Pen-yr-Heol School. Im not sure that the ground is suitable for a large scale housing project, it’s prone to flooding. Quite recently the rugby club was out of action due to flooding, I think the Rhymney River bursts its banks quite regularly. I can remember playing football there years ago and the nearer the pitches were to the river the boggier they were.

Flippers and snorkels were supplied

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Flippers and snorkels were supplied
    We knew something was up when the home team were wearing armbands!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    There is the promise of a road linking the bottom of Llanrumney & Eastern Avenue....promise? Erm rumour perhaps. It’s a huge area isn’t it, encompassing the old Ball Road school site, The University grounds, Rumney Rugby Club, Pen-yr-Heol School.
    The diagram I saw doesn't seem to include the Cardiff Uni site, nor the rugby club?
    Also, there has been talk of a Llanrumney turn-off onto the A48 ever since they built the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    The diagram I saw doesn't seem to include the Cardiff Uni site, nor the rugby club?
    Also, there has been talk of a Llanrumney turn-off onto the A48 ever since they built the thing.
    What I meant was the whole area that’s not been developed for housing is huge, I know the academy development isn’t stretching to the lot but with the amount of housing development that’s gone on around that area over the last 40 odd years it’s surprising that nothing has happened there. Re. The road promise, that’s why I included a ? followed by ‘rumour’.