+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leandro Bacuna + selected midfield stats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Leandro Bacuna + selected midfield stats

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It all depends on the roll he's been asked to play. I'm not a massive fan of statistics, i'd rather look with my eyes and get a feel for a player, what they do, their character, how they react etc.
    He has played in many roles ,seen him play both bad and good in full back and midfield roles , it was a poor pass on Saturday , however he wasn't alone ,many were under performing .

During the run to the play offs some if his performances were very good , he looks a well balanced player when he moves and passes and doesn't look uncomfortable when moving forward .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He has played in many roles ,seen him play both bad and good in full back and midfield roles , it was a poor pass on Saturday , however he wasn't alone ,many were under performing .

During the run to the play offs some if his performances were very good , he looks a well balanced player when he moves and passes and doesn't look uncomfortable when moving forward .
    He's decent enough when he doesn't have time to think, that could be said about a few of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I agree. I also note your point about him moving forward, which is why I don't get how he has been so ineffective in an attacking sense, seeing as he does like to get forward. He's shown elsewhere he is capable of scoring and providing assists, so we know it's in his locker.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I agree. I also note your point about him moving forward, which is why I don't get how he has been so ineffective in an attacking sense, seeing as he does like to get forward. He's shown elsewhere he is capable of scoring and providing assists, so we know it's in his locker.
    But does he get beyond the striker, does he continue his run? I don't think that he does, he carries the ball and invariably gives the ball to a wide man, then stops. If he's going to get goals then it's a simple case of continuing to run after making the pass. I don't think that we play like that.