+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time to Move

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Time to Move

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Millwall? In 2000 was it? There was no one in the ground, I know because me and a few others were the last to leave on the Bob bank that day. The idiots got their arses handed back to them on a plate under the grandstand I believe, that’s the only time I’ve heard of actual fighting in the ground this century……
    Wrong - i and a number of other City fans were stuck in the ground at the back of the bob bank, with the Millwall fans rampaging around and trying to get at us. Both exits had been closed as they were blocked by Millwall fans fighting outside with City fans and there was nowhere to go. We were ‘protected’ by a handful of stewards. Luckily the police managed to regain control before they got across the pitch into the terracing. You are trying to defend the indefensible. As I said before, the new stadium has largely solved all these problems which is why I am totally against the relaxing of crowd segregation.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Wrong - i and a number of other City fans were stuck in the ground at the back of the bob bank, with the Millwall fans rampaging around and trying to get at us. Both exits had been closed as they were blocked by Millwall fans fighting outside with City fans and there was nowhere to go. We were ‘protected’ by a handful of stewards. Luckily the police managed to regain control before they got across the pitch into the terracing. You are trying to defend the indefensible. As I said before, the new stadium has largely solved all these problems which is why I am totally against the relaxing of crowd segregation.
    Absolute rubbish they never came anywhere near the Bob bank….I was sitting in the front row of seats for ages waiting for it all to calm down outside before I left…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Absolute rubbish they never came anywhere near the Bob bank….I was sitting in the front row of seats for ages waiting for it all to calm down outside before I left…..
    And you didn't think the fact that both exits were blocked, home fans were stuck in the ground with no police presence near and that the Millwall fans were on the pitch in front of the grandstand, breaking through into the tunnel area and damaging the stand, with nothing to stop them getting on the bob bank was a concern ? You obviously must have a much higher threshold for acceptable levels of violence and associated risks to your health than most normal people then. It was just another normal day at the office for you perhaps.

And you didn't think the fact that both exits were blocked, home fans were stuck in the ground with no police presence near and that the Millwall fans were on the pitch in front of the grandstand, breaking through into the tunnel area and damaging the stand, with nothing to stop them getting on the bob bank was a concern ? You obviously must have a much higher threshold for acceptable levels of violence and associated risks to your health than most normal people then. It was just another normal day at the office for you perhaps.
    No, like I said that game is the only time this century I’ve seen actual fighting at a game, millwall fans were on the pitch by the grandstand but never once came over the Bob bank like you initially suggested so you were talking out if your arse again. They tried to go under the grandstand but had a very rude awakening shall we say so didn’t know where to go….back on to the grange end looking like idiots from what I can recall. You obv like to blow things out of proportion and have had a somewhat sheltered life. I’ve seen various levels of crazy stuff in countries I’ve been to around the world so maybe the odd scuffle or chavs acting up like I see on nights out in town doesn’t really register with me. Far worse trouble in cardiff city centre every weekend than anywhere near the ccs

No, like I said that game is the only time this century I’ve seen actual fighting at a game, millwall fans were on the pitch by the grandstand but never once came over the Bob bank like you initially suggested so you were talking out if your arse again. They tried to go under the grandstand but had a very rude awakening shall we say so didn’t know where to go….back on to the grange end looking like idiots from what I can recall. You obv like to blow things out of proportion and have had a somewhat sheltered life. I’ve seen various levels of crazy stuff in countries I’ve been to around the world so maybe the odd scuffle or chavs acting up like I see on nights out in town doesn’t really register with me. Far worse trouble in cardiff city centre every weekend than anywhere near the ccs