+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There's still time to stock up on food and other essentials

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: There's still time to stock up on food and other essentials

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The only two people I've seen telling everyone that they've stocked up food are you and Gluey
    Not true started myself with my usual weekly visit to tescos , make the most of it before October !

stocking up with pot noodles/naked noodles and pasta with a bottle of baileys every other 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Not true started myself with my usual weekly visit to tescos , make the most of it before October !

stocking up with pot noodles/naked noodles and pasta with a bottle of baileys every other 2 weeks
    Organ says you're not supposed to tell everyone!

Organ says you're not supposed to tell everyone!
    If I remember correctly, you said a few years back you're a public sector wallah. If so, and you haven't realised yet, you are being squeezed and will continue to be trodden on. You more than most ought to invest some thinking time into how you might try to prolong your lifestyle in the face of an ever declining income. Your real income will be around 7% lower than last year and, I'll wager, that will be a small drop to what's coming over the hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    If I remember correctly, you said a few years back you're a public sector wallah. If so, and you haven't realised yet, you are being squeezed and will continue to be trodden on. You more than most ought to invest some thinking time into how you might try to prolong your lifestyle in the face of an ever declining income. Your real income will be around 7% lower than last year and, I'll wager, that will be a small drop to what's coming over the hill.
    Then you would be incorrect.

Then you would be incorrect.
    Apologies. I must have mixed you up with a different lemon around here.

Inflation provides a great tool to reduce virtually everyone to peasanthood. Barter will work for a while as long as people have things to exchange for what they require.