+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who on earth votes for this lot???

Re: Who on earth votes for this lot???

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    What has that got to do with this?>
    I think maybe people in Wales thought conservative ?

Christ no , stick with what we have

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Drakeford's a confirmed Corbynite, the only one of the home nation leaders to endorse the loony at the last election, which shows how out of touch this Welsh 'government' is
    Drakeford was in touch enough to win the election

Unlike Andrew RT Davies , that Conservative chap

Shame

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This thread is hysterical
    Got to be a wind up surely? There's no way this comment: "I agree!!! Abolish Wales and Scotland devolved assemblies....sorry..'governments'....and existing parties....and get Farage elected somehow..." is serious

At least I hope it's a wind up, that anyone could get so pissed off at a government style guide is incredible

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Lots of very angry people aren’t there.
    Must be so easy to be a Daily Mail journalist, just throw in the word "woke" and you've got people foaming at the mouth over a style guide!

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Every large organisation governmental or private have brand guides on words to use or not use. I guarantee 100% the tories also have one.

Articles like that are just there to wind up the gullible/elderly.
    As you say.

Here are the style guides for gov.wales and gov.uk on which this ludicrous article was based.

https://gov.wales/govwales-style-guide

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/style-gu...f-gov-uk-style

Unsuprisingly the Welsh one significantly cribs from the English one. To take a couple of examples which appear in the Mail headline:

Brexit

Wales - Brexit has happened. Use transition period to refer to the time between 1 February and 31 December 2020.

England - You can use the term ‘Brexit’ to provide historical context, but it’s better to use specific dates where possible. For example, use: ‘31 December 2020’ rather than ‘Brexit’ or ‘when the UK left the EU’ ‘before 31 December 2020’ rather than ‘during the transition period’ ‘after 1 January 2021’ rather than ‘after the transition period’

UK Government

Wales -Never HM government.

England - Never HM government.

Cue apoplexy on the Dordogne about who voted for that lot!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Drakeford was in touch enough to win the election

Unlike Andrew RT Davies , that Conservative chap

Shame
    I think if you put a red rosette on a donkey the people in Wales would vote for it...

I think if you put a red rosette on a donkey the people in Wales would vote for it...
    Quite right too, much more preferable, able and sensible than any Tory, they just make silly asses of themselves.

I agree!!! Abolish Wales and Scotland devolved assemblies....sorry..'governments'....and existing parties....and get Farage elected somehow...
    windup of the year

I think the reverse is true in Suffolk

Jeepers...can anyone really defend these linguistic dictats?

Jeepers...can anyone really defend these linguistic dictats?
    What do you say about the tories style guide?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/style-gu...f-gov-uk-style

I quite like the Senedd renaming list myself.

Had not seen that - the same comments of stupidy apply....

It's not April 1st yet is it?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...yle-guide.html

It is about time this talking shop was closed down. What an embarrassment to Wales.
    Interesting take. Which country do you want Wales to model itself on? Which other country either doesn't have its own parliament or a controlling stake in one?

Yup, it seems that way. They must walk about the place waiting for the next thing that infuriates them
    What else have Daily Mail readers got to live for?

Btw, I forgot to mention I particularly like the change of name from HM Government to UK Government; much more appropriate.

I don't know what that lot have to do with Government, they don't toe any lines. It's us lot who have to suffer it.

It is about time this talking shop was closed down. What an embarrassment to Wales.
    It's easier to spend money on this than invest in critical needs such as NHS , and why too easy to blame Westminster for under funding, there should be some responsibility on how our money is spent and spent wisely in fact I think we as voters and tax payers should be asked where are money is spent an what priority .

Next thing we will see is another bid for those 20 extra AM'S, plus support jobs, back equipment, new offices, cars , and of course expenses , I hear someone is calling for a Welsh Minister residence with full on support staff..

What a multi layered waste of tax payers money we have in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It's easier to spend money on this than invest in critical needs such as NHS , and why too easy to blame Westminster for under funding, there should be some responsibility on how our money is spent and spent wisely in fact I think we as voters and tax payers should be asked where are money is spent an what priority .

Next thing we will see is another bid for those 20 extra AM'S, plus support jobs, back equipment, new offices, cars , and of course expenses , I hear someone is calling for a Welsh Minister residence with full on support staff..

What a multi layered waste of tax payers money we have in Wales.
    Yes you're right, it is a lot easier to spend a nominal amount on a style guide than it is to solve the chronic issues facing our health service

F*ck me....

Quote Originally Posted by superflyblues View Post
    Interesting take. Which country do you want Wales to model itself on? Which other country either doesn't have its own parliament or a controlling stake in one?
    I would like to see a UNITED Kingdom government and not the various parts ....The USA has similar even though they have state elections...

Daily Mail. Who on earth pays attention to anything published in this rag.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yes you're right, it is a lot easier to spend a nominal amount on a style guide than it is to solve the chronic issues facing our health service

F*ck me....
    LOM doesn't give a **** about the Welsh NHS

Words to avoid

We use*plain English*on GOV.WALES, so please avoid using these words:

agenda (unless it’s for a meeting)advancingcollaborate (use working with)combatingcommit or pledge (we need to be more specific - we’re either doing something or we’re not)counteringdeliver (pizzas, post and services are delivered - not abstract concepts like improvements or priorities)deploy (unless it’s military or software)dialogue (we speak to people)disincentivise (and incentivise)empowerfacilitate (instead, say something specific about how you’re helping)focusingfoster (unless it’s children)impact (do not use this as a synonym for have an effect on, or influence)initiatekey (unless it unlocks something. A subject or thing is not key - it’s probably important)land (as a verb only use if you’re talking about aircraft)leverage (unless in the financial or mechanical sense)liaiseoverarchingprogress (as a verb - what are you actually doing?)promote (unless you’re talking about an ad campaign or some other marketing promotion)robustslimming down (processes do not diet)streamlinestrengthening (unless it’s strengthening bridges or other structures)tackling (unless it’s rugby, football or some other sport)transforming (what are you actually doing to change it?)utilise

Avoid using metaphors, they do not say what you actually mean and lead to slower comprehension of your content. For example:

drive (you can only drive vehicles, not schemes or people)drive out (unless it’s cattle)going forward (it’s unlikely we are giving travel directions)in order to (superfluous - do not use it)one-stop shop (we are government, not a retail outlet)ring fencing

LOM doesn't give a **** about the Welsh NHS
    I bet a middle manager or two were on this project for some time as its very detailed , so yes probably ran easily into 6 figures and when added into other soft projects yes it would make a big difference somehow for someone.

Easy to chuckle, but a lot would think there are far better priorities out there at the moment.

Meh they won't rule me. I still refuse to use any Welsh in my email signature and never refer to Amy on reception as them.

Come at me.