+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: That's Hudson gone then

Re: That's Hudson gone then

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    By the letter of the law it's a red regardless how soft.
    By the absolute letter of the law yes, and I’m not defending what he did, but in the context of the occasion, how early in the game and how ridiculously soft, I think the ref should use discretion.

It’s stuff like that which makes footballers and the game look pathetic.

Ruined the game as a contest. No doubt they’d have won though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Personally I'm never bothered too much about Swansea, thought Blackburn and Burnley we looked ok. Not good since then, for whatever reason.

I don't see what Hudson is ever doing that say Morison wasn't already.

Going deeper the lack of clarity around the situation is just odd. I'm not on the board so don't expect confidential information but I think as a supporter you buy into the club and it's ideas more than just a coca cola customer (which is how I often feel). Some basic information on whether we are looking for anyone as manager or Hudson has it for the season would be nice. What's the idea moving forward?

It's just the general lazyness around the club that irritates me more than any one result, even more than being made swansea's bitch.
    The club can't give an update if the plan is simply change the manager and review absolutely nothing else, sadly.

I'm still waiting for somebody to give me an example of something throwing a ball at somebody and not getting a red card, you can say it's soft but it's the letter and the way the law has been applied for years. If the boot was on the other foot and a Swansea player did that and wasn't sent off, we'd have a 10 pager on here. And even if it was a poor decision, it pales in how bad the decision missed on the Kipre handball which could have also been a red.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    As far as I can see it Hudson has got the four games before the World Cup break to save his career as Cardiff City manager. Seven points in five games is a really poor return so far. So, it's Watford at home, Sunderland away, Hull at home and Sheffield Utd at home. Surely, we should get some points as we have three home games?
    He's had bad luck, there's no doubting that. Robinson fell over in the 1st 30 seconds looking for a free kick, then got a nudge - barely that - and the rest is history. I doubt he would have acted like that under Morison, who should still be here. There seems to be a lack of focus, discipline, something that we had earlier in the season. Morison's sacking was a bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He's had bad luck, there's no doubting that. Robinson fell over in the 1st 30 seconds looking for a free kick, then got a nudge - barely that - and the rest is history. I doubt he would have acted like that under Morison, who should still be here. There seems to be a lack of focus, discipline, something that we had earlier in the season. Morison's sacking was a bad decision.
    Complete assumption

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Complete assumption
    I hope Hudson is given more time and an experienced coach to work with him
    Two red cards, one wrongly issued and the other due to player petulance shouldn't be the reason why the board looks to someone else.

We have around 5 -6 players who are injured who would have been in the squad today
    Collins, Romeo, Ng , Colwill Bagan and Davies, and we simply don't have the strength in depth with some of the players in the squad today

Morison signed some right deadwood with his quantity over quality approach and I doubt anyone else would have got a different result once we went down to 10 men.

Give Hudson the opportunity to make his mark and get us playing decent football,

If it proves one thing in this league, you can't continually try to do it on the cheap

There are 3 loan players that can go back tomorrow as far as I'm concerned

Get an experienced number 2 to work with Hudson and sign another forward, like Hugill in January.

Otherwise it will be a long tough season

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that Pedro is trying to see the honesty in Harris. Pedro is an excellent poster and knows his football in my opinion, although on this occasion, i can't agree with him. I get what he is saying though, it's hard to be critical of Harris when he works so hard for the team. I don't think he's good enough though.
    He probably isn't but I think he has to play, and that's a statement on the transfer window and what we've been left with.

While Harris' numbers aren't great, he works his socks off and is far more effective than any of the other wide players we have. He absolutely is not a striker (unless it is a 2). Working hard should be a prerequisite but it isn't always the case.

I am mega concerned though, this team hasn't scored in 8 games this season. We are dreadful going forwards and we are a mess at the back. I see fans of other clubs saying how bad we are, time and time again. Something major needs to happen in January to arrest the slide, we are a club in freefall and have been since relegation from the PL.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I may be alone in this but thought the red was a bit much. There wasn’t much impact and how wasn’t it a yellow for their player who came barging in I don’t know.
    Felt the ref could’ve managed the situation better, given it’s like 7 mins into a derby. Ruined the game.
    Yellow card and give a stern warning to the players for no more of it.

That being said, the way they’ve carved us open at times it may be a handy excuse for the final
    Score
    You are not alone.A big centre half came at him aggressively and he turned and threw that horribly heavy football at him.
    Yellow at most.
    Very stupid of course, but Robinson's a footballer not the Chancellor of the Exchequer....
    Hudson hasn't had a lot of luck.
    I think we will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    You are not alone.A big centre half came at him aggressively and he turned and threw that horribly heavy football at him.
    Yellow at most.
    Very stupid of course, but Robinson's a footballer not the Chancellor of the Exchequer....
    Hudson hasn't had a lot of luck.
    I think we will be fine.
    Tell me you don’t know the rules without telling me you don’t know the rules

What about Critchley, he’s left Villa, seem to do ok at Blackpool.

My guess is that they will wait until the World Cup now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    What about Critchley, he’s left Villa, seem to do ok at Blackpool.

My guess is that they will wait until the World Cup now.
    That’s my thinking as well, the board will cherry pick from the managers who reach the last 8 or go even further. Seems the clever thing to do................where’s that tongue in cheek smiley

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Personally I'm never bothered too much about Swansea, thought Blackburn and Burnley we looked ok. Not good since then, for whatever reason.

I don't see what Hudson is ever doing that say Morison wasn't already.

Going deeper the lack of clarity around the situation is just odd. I'm not on the board so don't expect confidential information but I think as a supporter you buy into the club and it's ideas more than just a coca cola customer (which is how I often feel). Some basic information on whether we are looking for anyone as manager or Hudson has it for the season would be nice. What's the idea moving forward?

It's just the general lazyness around the club that irritates me more than any one result, even more than being made swansea's bitch.
    It seems the Board have become complacent. Seem to believe we have a God given right to be at least a Championship Club. Think they are going to find they are going to get bitten in the ar*e.

The decision to sack SM has not been justified. He should’ve been given more time.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    The decision to sack SM has not been justified. He should’ve been given more time.
    Agreed.

I tend to agree but once the train started rolling he was going to get hit

If my aunty had bollocks she would be my uncle

I'd say so.

If they sacked him and had somebody lined up or had a list of potentials they were working through immediately after he was sacked it would have been understandable. It is growing evident they sacked him with no real plan.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    I'd say so.

If they sacked him and had somebody lined up or had a list of potentials they were working through immediately after he was sacked it would have been understandable. It is growing evident they sacked him with no real plan.
    Exactly.

SM wasn't getting a tune out of these players, and half of them aren't good enough by far. He has wasted the best opportunity for a rebuild we've had in years. There is no way I'd have let him have another transfer window after this one just gone.

100% spot on, he has brought some really deadwood into the club

Definitely. The man had a plan. He had confidence. Was it misguided? Who knows? I like Hudson, but seems like a scared little boy. He's not up to it. But again, Tan, Dalman, Choo etc are to blame for all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    100% spot on, he has brought some really deadwood into the club
    I think he had the scatter gun approach. Little money to spend so bring in lots of new faces on the cheap and hope a few work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    SM wasn't getting a tune out of these players, and half of them aren't good enough by far. He has wasted the best opportunity for a rebuild we've had in years. There is no way I'd have let him have another transfer window after this one just gone.
    He built a squad for next to nothing. I'm assuming that was his remit. We can't score goals, the squad is wafer-thin. I'm not sure who is to blame for that.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He built a squad for next to nothing. I'm assuming that was his remit. We can't score goals, the squad is wafer-thin. I'm not sure who is to blame for that.
    I lay the blame firmly at the people that gave the instructions to build a squad on next to nothing.

Goals don't come cheap. The club weren't willing to spend anything until the last few days of the window when it was evident we had nothing up top.

The guy who built it surely?

There was no need to sign 17 players. We could have targeted our spending far better had Morison not taken a scattergun approach

This built a squad on nothing nonsense needs to stop. We are one of the few championship clubs to spend money this summer, most either relied on frees/loans or used money from sales to cover new signings. We spent north of 2m (which puts us in the top 5 spenders) with players like Sawyers and Rimo presumably not being cheap on wages.

Despite all that, the squad isn't good enough. We are so weak up front, I can't remember the last time we had such poor striking options. Morison wanted a passing game but didn't sign any technically gifted midfielders. The Simpson signing still confuses me, as does the Etete one.

He blew our biggest rebuild in years