+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good Morning Britain - Boris Johnson Interview

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Good Morning Britain - Boris Johnson Interview

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Does she? We will take this at face value. It seems a peculiar and dramatic set of circumstances. One that is handy to some for political reasons. £17 a month is also VERY VERY cheap for someone who presumably uses a lot of energy (such that it is now unaffordable) Energy bills have gone up but that is a 500% increase. I cannot think of a set of circumstances where a bill would increase so much, can you?

I don't doubt she is struggling and needs help - my point is, has she been to her council? Who are her council? Her energy provider etc. Has she spoken to citizens advice etc?

The lady needs help, that isn't in doubt, but it strikes me she is being used for political gain somewhat.
    My cousin works in one of the council hubs alongside the money advice team.

She's told me that they have been told that there isn't anything available (unless you qualify for a welfare benefit) to assist with the energy crisis.

Sorry, that's not true; they can provide foodbank vouchers so that she doesn't starve.

Re: Good Morning Britain - Boris Johnson Interview

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    My cousin works in one of the council hubs alongside the money advice team.

She's told me that they have been told that there isn't anything available (unless you qualify for a welfare benefit) to assist with the energy crisis.

Sorry, that's not true; they can provide foodbank vouchers so that she doesn't starve.
    In Wales?