+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Crowds banned from all sporting events in Wales for foreseeable future

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Crowds banned from all sporting events in Wales for foreseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by superflyblues View Post
    It’s about a democratically elected Welsh govt trying to do the right thing for Wales.
    And they're failing. Consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    And they're failing. Consistently.
    Good job we have a democracy in Wales then. When Wales was failed for generation after generation from Westminster, there was bugger all the people of Wales could do about it. If Wales wants policy change now, they can vote for it.

Good job we have a democracy in Wales then.
    What has democracy got to do with the consistent failure of the Welsh government to do the best thing for the Welsh public?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What has democracy got to do with the consistent failure of the Welsh government to do the best thing for the Welsh public?
    The consistent failure viewpoint is likely not shared by sufficient numbers to bring about change. The point I was making was that at least we have a mechanism now to make change happen in Wales in devolved policy areas if sufficient numbers vote for change.

The consistent failure viewpoint is likely not shared by sufficient numbers to bring about change.
    That is likely. But then we're living in a country that voted for Brexit.

Germany, Finland, Spain, France, Portugal, Netherlands etc are all implementing restrictions that are either the same or stricter than we have in Wales, that's what i've read, if i'm correct and that's without checking on other European countries. Is their an over reaction from these nations and their governments as well. Obviously, most of us here are UK based, but i don't think that we can ignore the fact that other countries are going as hard or harder than Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Germany, Finland, Spain, France, Portugal, Netherlands etc are all implementing restrictions that are either the same or stricter than we have in Wales, that's what i've read, if i'm correct and that's without checking on other European countries. Is their an over reaction from these nations and their governments as well. Obviously, most of us here are UK based, but i don't think that we can ignore the fact that other countries are going as hard or harder than Wales.
    Errrrmmmm…. ‘Covid Omicron: European nations reinstate restrictions’ https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59747689