+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wintle and Ralls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wintle and Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Thats got to be a joke.Davies is learning the game and as far as I'm concerned the jury is out on Harris.
    Why does that matter? He's proven himself to be effective in the Championship already and will only get better.

Collins is bang average, has only ever been bang average and will never be any better than bang average.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He's proven himself to be effective in the Championship already and will only get better.
    That’s not necessarily true, is it? Some young players start brightly when given first team football, but then disappear without a trace.

I think it will pay for everyone to be realistic about this batch of youngsters. Some will probably make the grade at this level, some almost certainly won’t. At the moment it’s anyone’s guess as regards which of them will fit into what category.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That’s not necessarily true, is it? Some young players start brightly when given first team football, but then disappear without a trace.

I think it will pay for everyone to be realistic about this batch of youngsters. Some will probably make the grade at this level, some almost certainly won’t. At the moment it’s anyone’s guess as regards which of them will fit into what category.
    Very, very true. I remember as a kid Nigel Rees being bigged up as a the next big thing after he crossed the ball for THAT goal from Clarky v Real Madrid.

Just after, there was Tony Villars who was going to be a City legend after scoring the goal that kept us in the old 2nd Division v Crystal Palace. He went on to play all matches in that summers home internationals including (if I remember rightly and not just through rose tinted spectacles) a very good good game against England.

Neither really made it in footballing terms as it was all downhill Villars after that. I'm sure Rees let us to join Bridgend Town a season or two after that Real Madrid game?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Why does that matter? He's proven himself to be effective in the Championship already and will only get better.

Collins is bang average, has only ever been bang average and will never be any better than bang average.
    its a pity about the Moore situation as he is a bang decent Championship striker not a Premiership one though