+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Extraordinary stuff on Russian television.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Extraordinary stuff on Russian television.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    At what time was that? The comment made by the BBC reporter at 0740 referred to bad news possibly being promulgated to the Russian public to limit their expectations but not about a withdrawal as such. For my part, I can't see the Russians giving up the areas they occupied before the full-scale invasion.
    that was the bit I was referring to. By withdraw I didn't mean withdrew to their anti bellum position, just meant withdraw from the war.

I cannot see Zelenskyy or the Ukranians agree to give up any land, and will fight for it. Ukraine now have an army of 1m men that are well armed and capable of inflicting serious damage to Putin's conscripts.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    that was the bit I was referring to. By withdraw I didn't mean withdrew to their anti bellum position, just meant withdraw from the war.

I cannot see Zelenskyy or the Ukranians agree to give up any land, and will fight for it. Ukraine now have an army of 1m men that are well armed and capable of inflicting serious damage to Putin's conscripts.
    It'd be gret if they went anti bellum

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    It'd be gret if they went anti bellum
    Is that meant to be funny?
    I've been involved with Ukranians who have recently arrived in the UK and a lady I spoke to today, and who had her 6-year-old son with her, told me about them having to live underground in the Western Donbas for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Is that meant to be funny?
    I was certainly not making any fun of the situation. It's appalling. It's why our house is open to Ukrainian refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    I was certainly not making any fun of the situation. It's appalling. It's why our house is open to Ukrainian refugees.
    Good man.