+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Political post.. @Yescymru

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Political post.. @Yescymru

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Funniest post ever. You have also started another post with the same subject that was even more ill conceived.
    Did I?

Lol, well there you go. Too busy.

However, I have seen more and more social media movement recently and I wondered if people are changing their mind. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Did I?

Lol, well there you go. Too busy.

However, I have seen more and more social media movement recently and I wondered if people are changing their mind. That's all.
    Sorry. Bit of an overreaction on my part. But economically Wales couldn't possibly support itself. There is little industry and a lot of social deprivation requiring support from the State. And those who pay tax will probably have to pay double to support the rest and, if businesses are taxed higher than England, they will simply leave. Even when Labour has been in power nationally Wales has been ignored and their voters taken for granted. While a Wales only government would have power they wouldn't have the cash to do very much. Wales does not even have a currency so in the unlikely event permission is given for the pound to be used, the UK government would have to control spending. Wales could never be wholly independent ever.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Sorry. Bit of an overreaction on my part. But economically Wales couldn't possibly support itself. There is little industry and a lot of social deprivation requiring support from the State. And those who pay tax will probably have to pay double to support the rest and, if businesses are taxed higher than England, they will simply leave. Even when Labour has been in power nationally Wales has been ignored and their voters taken for granted. While a Wales only government would have power they wouldn't have the cash to do very much. Wales does not even have a currency so in the unlikely event permission is given for the pound to be used, the UK government would have to control spending. Wales could never be wholly independent ever.

To this I would add the amount of European money that was meant for Wales but which we never saw a penny of decided by both Labour and Tory governments. Wales cannot trust either of them
    Wales may have some chance of existing if it could remain n the European Union but it could never prosper because as noted it isn’t economically viable and n my opinion Wales does not possess enough intelligent people in politics who are clever enough to manage such a transition successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    To this I would add the amount of European money that was meant for Wales but which we never saw a penny of decided by both Labour and Tory governments. Wales cannot trust either of them
    Wales may have some chance of existing if it could remain n the European Union but it could never prosper because as noted it isn’t economically viable and n my opinion Wales does not possess enough intelligent people in politics who are clever enough to manage such a transition successfully.
    I would interpret your last line as a lack of confidence not just in our politics but as a country. Is there, potentially, no-one in Wales who knows how to sustain a nation? How do the Irish or the people of Iceland get by without someone watching over their shoulders to make sure they've done it right?

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I would interpret your last line as a lack of confidence not just in our politics but as a country. Is there, potentially, no-one in Wales who knows how to sustain a nation? How do the Irish or the people of Iceland get by without someone watching over their shoulders to make sure they've done it right?
    are Ireland and Iceland's economies so intrinsically linked to England's economy? You see an Exodus every day from Cardiff and Newport to Bristol - why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    are Ireland and Iceland's economies so intrinsically linked to England's economy? You see an Exodus every day from Cardiff and Newport to Bristol - why is that?
    you see alot coming the other way too after the toll was scrapped. Caldicot has already fallen to the english. They're coming I tell you,there coming!

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    They could still do that if we were independent. But it doesn't answer my question.

Feedback

They could still do that if we were independent. But it doesn't answer my question.
    let me put it another way. We import more from England than they import from us - by a country mile. If we left the union we'd either be pegged to Sterling and would therefore be subject to spend decisions made by Westminster, or we'd be subject to tariffs, customs and currency fluctuations. Either way we'd be comparable with Chad within a generation.

given the lackwits in the Senedd couldn't make the decision re the M4 relief road, it does bode well for full political freedom.

Ireland has the EU watching them. Didn't billions of British tax payer money go to the Irish bailout?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

“....enough intelligent people in politics..”

I didn’t say there weren’t any amongst the population. They should step up now and give confidence to the undecided.