+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hounding of Meghan Markel by British tabloid press is racist apparently

Hounding of Meghan Markel by British tabloid press is racist apparently

Did anyone watch Question Time last night? I wonder is anyone else getting tired of hearing people using the race card when they disagree with someone. Here is the clip from last night:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-511...sh-over-meghan

Like the actor guy, I am a white male although I would not classify myself as particularly priviliged other than being so grateful for good health in my advanced years! Whatever my feelings about Meghan Markel are, they have nothing whatsoever to do with her colour. I guess if I make only positive comments about her that's fine, but if I criticise her for anything then it must be because she is of mixed race. PC gone mad again.

Re: Hounding of Meghan Markel by British tabloid press is racist apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Did anyone watch Question Time last night? I wonder is anyone else getting tired of hearing people using the race card when they disagree with someone. Here is the clip from last night:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-511...sh-over-meghan

Like the actor guy, I am a white male although I would not classify myself as particularly priviliged other than being so grateful for good health in my advanced years! Whatever my feelings about Meghan Markel are, they have nothing whatsoever to do with her colour. I guess if I make only positive comments about her that's fine, but if I criticise her for anything then it must be because she is of mixed race. PC gone mad again.
    Have a look at any Daily Mail comments section on Meghan. There’s definitely elements of racism but not the overriding reason. What the BAME groups have done is said it’s solely racism which has polarised the debate.

I find the abuse she’s got disgusting however I do agree with you if you do find yourself not liking her/criticising her for any reason you are now branded a racist which probably fuels the fire more

I think you can not like her without being racist.

But you have to admit she is getting a lot more scrutiny than anyone else in that family and a lot of it is because of her race/nationality.

Read the comment section of any article about her, there’s a lot of racism. I think the media targeting of her is racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

But you have to admit she is getting a lot more scrutiny than anyone else in that family and a lot of it is because of her race/nationality.

Read the comment section of any article about her, there’s a lot of racism. I think the media targeting of her is racist.
    Same sort of thing comes up with Sterling. On the face of it he doesn't seem to do much but is or was criticised a lot more than most.

Personally think with Markle it comes more down to her being American and the situation with her father has constantly given the press an angle to work with.

Kate Middleton has always been the media darling. Would she receive exactly the same adulation from some of the media if her skin was the same colour as Meghan's? If you can't be absolutely sure she would have, then there's racism involved in the British media. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Kate Middleton has always been the media darling. Would she receive exactly the same adulation from some of the media if her skin was the same colour as Meghan's? If you can't be absolutely sure she would have, then there's racism involved in the British media. It's that simple.
    Personality is also a factor. Kate seems content enough to be quiet, turn up and do stuff. Meghan speaks her mind.

The Middletons havent exactly given the media ammunition like the Markles have. Playing out a family rift in the public eye, trying to make us much money out of it as possible. Its made Eastenders look like Play School. Meghans sister is stark, raving bonkers regardless of the colour of her skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Personally think with Markle it comes more down to her being American and the situation with her father has constantly given the press an angle to work with.
    Didn't she divorce her first husband by text? I bet you could put together an interesting psychological profile for this lady, and there would be red flags all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The Middletons havent exactly given the media ammunition like the Markles have. Playing out a family rift in the public eye, trying to make us much money out of it as possible. Its made Eastenders look like Play School. Meghans sister is stark, raving bonkers regardless of the colour of her skin.
    I accept that totally, but it doesn't answer the question I posed. Yes, I know there are plenty of other reasons. My question was would Kate Middleton get exactly the same response from the press if she had Markle's skin colour.

I accept that totally, but it doesn't answer the question I posed. Yes, I know there are plenty of other reasons. My question was would Kate Middleton get exactly the same response from the press if she had Markle's skin colour.
    Why not? As Lardy said its a lot do with personality. Besides, to look at Meghan you couldnt even tell she has black heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Didn't she divorce her first husband by text? I bet you could put together an interesting psychological profile for this lady, and there would be red flags all over the place.
    Isn't it mad everyone knows this about her and has such stong opinions?

David Beckham has cheated on his wife multiple times but is a national treasure

Why not? As Lardy said its a lot do with personality. Besides, to look at Meghan you couldnt even tell she has black heritage.
    The media knows, her nationality and skin colour always seem to come up in comment sections too. It's like Sterling, on the surface there are valid reasons for not liking them. But a lot of white people seem to get away with it and much more without scrutiny.

It’s a mix of things I think but her skin colour is definitely a huge factor in the criticism she gets.
    The fact she’s a divorcee as well probably.

The British press are absolute arseholes though.

One thing I will say about Meghan Markle is I think she’s one stunning looking woman.

The media knows, her nationality and skin colour always seem to come up in comment sections too. It's like Sterling, on the surface there are valid reasons for not liking them. But a lot of white people seem to get away with it and much more without scrutiny.
    Piers Morgan more than anyone is driving this hate campaign but do I think hes racist? Probably not. White privelaged maybe but he calls out anyone regardless of gender or creed as long as he can stay relevant.

How do you know Beckham has cheated on his wife multiple times?

Do you think if she was a white divorcee marrying into the Royal Family the Daily Mail wouldnt have gone after the ex-husband for details? Of course they would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Didn't she divorce her first husband by text?
    Reported!
    There are racial undertones to that comment.
    I can't explain it , but I know they are there.

Personally I think everyone who is considering becoming part of the Royal Family (including unborn children) should spend at least a year on a football forum to prepare them for what's in store.

Do you think if she was a white divorcee marrying into the Royal Family the Daily Mail wouldnt have gone after the ex-husband for details? Of course they would have.
    Camilla didn't get anything like this.

Piers Morgan more than anyone is driving this hate campaign but do I think hes racist? Probably not. White privelaged maybe but he calls out anyone regardless of gender or creed as long as he can stay relevant.
    I think Morgan knows exaclty what whips people up into a frenzy and gets clicks.

Just as with Sterling he knows what gets his mouth breathing viewers heated.

Camilla didn't get anything like this.
    I assume youre being ironic?

How do you know Beckham has cheated on his wife multiple times?
    It's well known and I actually know someone who's shagged him.

But it goes for loads of celebs, loads of people have been divorced/cheated and don't get the targetted abuse she does.

The thing that shocks me is quite how many people care and have a strong opinion on this.

I assume youre being ironic?
    It was no where near this level. When was the last time you saw anything about her in the paper?

It's well known and I actually know someone who's shagged him.

But it goes for loads of celebs, loads of people have been divorced/cheated and don't get the targetted abuse she does.

The thing that shocks me is quite how many people care and have a strong opinion on this.
    Yeah, or course you do.

Well known because it says so in the media. So its ok for you to believe what you read but not others when its something that you dont believe? Thats just typical of you.

The media is awash with goodies and baddies regardless of skin colour. Katie Price gets loads of abuse and shes white. Plenty of white "celebs" get abuse / love depending whos in favour / out of favour.

It was no where near this level. When was the last time you saw anything about her in the paper?
    Because at the time he was rumoured to be having an affair with her we didnt have the media platforms that we have now and Joe Public couldnt vent their spleen to thousands online.

She was the "villain" for a very long time. Especially when he was still married to Diana as she was the media darling.