+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I like Joe Bennett and.....

Re: I like Joe Bennett and.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Unlike yourself, I have a life to lead.
    Says the guy who posted that at 0055 last night and is back on here at 0900 the next morning

Unlike yourself, I have a life to lead.

If you haven’t seen the goals he’s given away, you’re clearly not going to or watching the games.

The Derby goal he gave away was ‘classic’ Bennett, a rush of blood to the head..
    The Derby game where Nelson was caught flat on the halfway line

A midfielder was giving half the pitch to run through.

Right back was no where to be seen.

Bennett in hindsight should have stayed there but if he had then the player still would have had a player to his left, even more space to run into to his right and what if he had stayed where he was and Morrsion had not got there?

You've got an axe to grind. Nobody is going change your mind.

Bennett has had a poor season but is certainly capable of playing a part in a promotion team.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post

Bennett in hindsight should have stayed there but if he had then the player still would have had a player to his left, even more space to run into to his right and what if he had stayed where he was and Morrsion had not got there?

Bennett has had a poor season but is certainly capable of playing a part in a promotion team.
    Surely if, as you admit, "Bennett has had a poor season" then Bluebird23 has got grounds to voice his opinion? He thinks he's a poor defender (as do I) and your assertion that he's had a poor season (he was poor the season before too!) isn't contrary to Bluebird23's way of thinking....

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Surely if, as you admit, "Bennett has had a poor season" then Bluebird23 has got grounds to voice his opinion? He thinks he's a poor defender (as do I) and your assertion that he's had a poor season (he was poor the season before too!) isn't contrary to Bluebird23's way of thinking....
    I think to describe him as terrible is wrong. He started the season badly but has been decent after that. He can't change the start of the season so overall he was worse than I would normally expect.

He constantly gives the line that people only think he is good because he has a sleeve tattoo which is ridiculous.

I thought Bryan was excellent in all the playoff games, defensively especially, our wingers didn't get a sniff in the game at the CCS.

In fact all 4 fullbacks in the final looked quality, that Rico Henry as well is lightning.

Bennet has been a quality full back for us, he's probably past his peak though. At his best he's on the same level as those guys.
    Unfortunately our other first team left back is basically the same age.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post

Bennett has been terrible defensively, the last two seasons.

Watch the Derby game again, he came across to make a needless sliding tackle, as Morrison was already making a sliding tackle on the other side.

The ball broke to Bennett’s man he should have had, was completely unmarked, and scored..

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I thought Bryan was excellent in all the playoff games, defensively especially, our wingers didn't get a sniff in the game at the CCS.

In fact all 4 fullbacks in the final looked quality, that Rico Henry as well is lightning.

Bennet has been a quality full back for us, he's probably past his peak though. At his best he's on the same level as those guys.
    Unfortunately our other first team left back is basically the same age.
    No he isn’t, he’s awful.

Henry is quality, a Premier League full back in the making.

Bryan is ok, not great defensively, but way better than Bennett.

No he isn’t, he’s awful.

Henry is quality, a Premier League full back in the making.

Bryan is ok, not great defensively, but way better than Bennett.
    best left back we've had in years

That's not saying a lot. I mean, when was the last time we had a really good (I'm not saying 'great') left-back?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    That's not saying a lot. I mean, when was the last time we had a really good (I'm not saying 'great') left-back?
    Joe Bennett

Joe Bennett
    Is not the right answer.

Joe Bennett
    Before Bennett I thought Mark Kennedy was rather underrated there, but my pick would have been Chris Barker.

we seem to have had a few underrated left backs
    Andrew Taylor and Scott Malone were both decent players

Can be as bad as some people think, Warnock preferred him to his own signing Cunningham and Harris picked him in front of his loan signing Smith. We need on RB, Striker another Winger and a number 10 to compete with Tomlin but our LB is fine with Bennett/Cunningham or Bennett/Smith with a good youngster Bagan as back up!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't know why Bennet gets such a hard time on here. For me, he's a well above average Championship player and has been a good servant.
    Because he's not very good

That's a joke, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    That's a joke, right?
    No, who is better?

Bennett is an average player. He can play at this level, but I get the impression he either thinks he's better than he is, or he depends too much on his team-mates getting him out of trouble. Up against the better sides, he makes lots of mistakes, and gets caught out by quality players. But....you could say the same about most full backs playing for any team lower down the table. But he's not going anywhere. He's been here a while, doesn't cost much, and is pretty much injury free. He'll probably be here again next season.