+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Day to Bristol Rovers on loan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Joe Day to Bristol Rovers on loan

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Agreed, didn't we treble his weekly wage from £2k to £6k......to come in as 3rd choice behind two very good, established keepers? That's one I'd definitely question the "transfer committee" on. Surely you have an academy keeper as your 3rd choice between the sticks.
    I guess the plan was to offload Smithies, but then Etheridge did his hamstring in the first game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I guess the plan was to offload Smithies, but then Etheridge did his hamstring in the first game of the season.
    Warnock came out and said that he fully expected us to sell one of Smithies or Etheridge (hence why Smithies wasn't even on the bench at Wigan) but after Etheridge's injury he pulled the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Warnock came out and said that he fully expected us to sell one of Smithies or Etheridge (hence why Smithies wasn't even on the bench at Wigan) but after Etheridge's injury he pulled the plug.
    Fair enough, didn't realise that

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Spot on .

I seem top remember we had to move quickly so the club may have been close to losing Neil and then jumped for Day Cwnty first teamer was likely to be a bit more expensive in wages .