+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

With the falling numbers and the way this new variant seems to be spreading hes made the right call closing hospitality when he did. I thought he was wrong at the time.

Hes right to tighten up on supermarkets as well.

Needs to sort the vaccination roll out though.

I dont agree with his tier system.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    With the falling numbers and the way this new variant seems to be spreading hes made the right call closing hospitality when he did. I thought he was wrong at the time.

But you could look at it another way. If he had jumped on the supermarkets first and left hospitality alone the numbers may have gone down faster, after all far more people use supermarkets than use pubs and restaurants. Its one of those things about which you will never know the real answer unless like a vaccine test, you impose the sanction on half the population and not the other half and then sit back and see which groups has the most excess deaths. Its clearly impossible in practice but I'm sure you get my point.
    But when he closed the pubs he said there was clear evdience and consitently refused to release it which makes one wary when he now says it about supermarkets. As they are now the only places people can go it is fairly obvious that they may show up as the main source and he says people are telling him. What people? his advisory group of average citizens? His family? His office staff yes persons? Again he has declined to produce any proof which makes people believe it less.

And none of it will make those who are already ignoring the rules start accepting them. It's nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Today there was an old fella in lidl.no mask on, coughing and sneezing all over the place.
    Because he was so old i did not have the heart to confront him.
    Now looking back i should have do something but where were the staff.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Today there was an old fella in lidl.no mask on, coughing and sneezing all over the place.
    U was in Tesco Western avenue yesterday with my wife. She very rarely goes with me but does sometimes when she wants to cook or eat something special because its easier than her trying to explain it.
    Anyway we walked down one Aisle and there was a bit of a gentrified looking guy with his plum-in the-mouth faux-uperclass wife discussing the merits of different things. As i passed him he made a very loud comment to his wife about people not keeping to the two metre rule, so I pointed out to him that he shouldn't have the whole of his family, including 3 adult children, with him. He seemed complete taken aback that anyone should question it and looked completely unaware that he was doing anything wrong, it was obviously everyone else. i love folks like that.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    U was in Tesco Western avenue yesterday with my wife. She very rarely goes with me but does sometimes when she wants to cook or eat something special because its easier than her trying to explain it.
    Anyway we walked down one Aisle and there was a bit of a gentrified looking guy with his plum-in the-mouth faux-uperclass wife discussing the merits of different things. As i passed him he made a very loud comment to his wife about people not keeping to the two metre rule, so I pointed out to him that he shouldn't have the whole of his family, including 3 adult children, with him. He seemed complete taken aback that anyone should question it and looked completely unaware that he was doing anything wrong, it was obviously everyone else. i love folks like that.
    If I was ever the worried shopper type, I would never go to that Tesco. I don’t know what it is exactly but SD doesn't seem to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    you were in Lidl.
    they have like 2 staff who have to do everything