+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Worst England batting side ever?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Worst England batting side ever?

Batsmen used to wait for a bad ball for a scoring opportunity. These days, because of the amount of one day cricket, the mindset is that every ball is a scoring opportunity. They're all, on the whole, impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Batsmen used to wait for a bad ball for a scoring opportunity. These days, because of the amount of one day cricket, the mindset is that every ball is a scoring opportunity. They're all, on the whole, impatient.
    I'm not a fan of cricket at all but I remember Geoffrey Boycott and his approach to test cricket which killed any remnant of enthusiasm I had for that format of the game. You surely would not want a return to that kind of somnolent stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I'm not a fan of cricket at all but I remember Geoffrey Boycott and his approach to test cricket which killed any remnant of enthusiasm I had for that format of the game. You surely would not want a return to that kind of somnolent stuff!
    but thats what test cricket is about

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    but thats what test cricket is about
    There needs to be some sort of balance. Test cricket is different from the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There needs to be some sort of balance. Test cricket is different from the 80s.
    the problem seems to be all the bish bash cricket thats played players play risky shots instead of building there innings and scoring off the bad ball when it comes